Downloadable Lesson Plans
The Space Foundation supports educators with a free, easy-to-use collection of national-standards-based, space-themed, hands-on lesson plans developed and tested by professional educators.
All lessons follow the same format and include:
- Whether the plan is an individual lesson or a unit
- Suggested grade levels
- Subject area and which national standards are met
- Complete lesson instructions
- Detailed background information on how/why the plan was developed and/or how it can be used
- Associated vocabulary words
- Materials needed
- Extension suggestions
- Evaluation/assessment guidelines
The bank allows teachers to filter lessons based on a number of different criteria to make searching fast and easy.
The lessons were designed by practicing teachers who received intensive training at the Space Foundation Space Across the Curriculum courses.
Click here to access the downloadable lesson plans.