26th National Space Symposium Breaks All Records
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (Apr. 21, 2010) -- The 26th National Space Symposium, held last week at The Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs, Colo., broke all attendance records - and, according to the buzz from attendees, was a success on all levels.
The SES WORLD SKIES, USG Exhibit Center, which filled two massive halls, sold out months in advance. Both of the new events - Cyber 1.0 and the New Generation Initiative programs - reached capacity before the Symposium began, and attendance topped the previous year's mark before the first attendee arrived onsite. All told, almost 9,000 people from 20 nations participated in the 26th National Space Symposium.
What were people saying? Here's a sampling:
"The proceedings soared with the venue"
"Seldom have we seen such a combination of top military and industry leaders of some of the best-known space exploration companies in the world."
"The event this year stretched for four jam-packed days with a bit left over and there was never a dull moment."
"It is one of the best venues for accomplishing a great deal within a handful of days."
The Space Foundation deeply appreciates the hard work of more than 200 community and military volunteers, and the generous support of our National Space Symposium co-sponsors:
- Analytical Graphics, Inc. - Official Software and Cyber 1.0 Afternoon Refreshment Break
- ARES Corporation - Wednesday Mid-morning Break
- Astrium North America - Reception in Celebration of New Generation Initiatives
- Astrotech Space Operations - Thursday Mid-morning Break
- ATK - Name Badge Holders
- AVIATION WEEK - Media Partner
- Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp. - Congressional Luncheon
- Boeing - Corporate Partnership Dinner and Tuesday Audience with an Astronaut
- Booz Allen Hamilton - Cyber 1.0 Networking Breakfast, Tuesday and Wednesday Afternoon Refreshment Breaks and Reception in Celebration of New Generation Initiatives
- Cisco Systems, Inc. - Space Technology Hall of Fame® Private Induction Ceremony
- Cobham - Cyberspace Center
- Defense Systems - Media Partner
- General Dynamics - Registration Bags and Cyber 1.0 Luncheon
- GMV - Tuesday Mid-morning Break
- IBM - Speaker Support Center
- Intelsat General Corporation - Corporate Partnership Cocktail Reception
- International Space University - Commemorative Poster
- Lockheed Martin - Space Technology Hall of Fame® Dinner and Teacher Liaison Program
- Maui Economic Development Board - Wednesday Audience with an Astronaut
- Northrop Grumman - Opening Ceremony and Shuttle Buses
- Orbital Science Corporation - Fireworks and Opening Night Dessert Reception
- Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne - Student Tours and Commemorative Pen and Writing Pads
- Raytheon - General James E. Hill Lifetime Space Achievement Award Luncheon
- SAIC - Pocket Agenda
- SES WORLD SKIES, U.S. Government Solutions - Exhibit Centers
- Space Generation Advisory Council - Reception in Celebration of New Generation Initiatives
- Space News - Media Partner
- Space Systems/Loral - Thursday Morning Coffee
- SpaceX - Opening Night Reception and Senior Executives' Forum Luncheon
- Stellar Solutions - Tuesday Morning Coffee
- United Launch Alliance - Wednesday Morning Coffee
- United Space Alliance - Hotel Room Keys
Make plans to attend the 27th National Space Symposium April 11-14, 2011, once again at The Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs. And, look for coverage in the May edition of Space Watch, due out at the beginning of May. In the meantime, click here for video coverage.