Call for Papers - Space Foundation Tech Track
The Space Foundation has issued a Call for Papers for Technical Track presentations to be delivered on May 21, 2014. A new addition to the annual Space Symposium in Colorado Springs, Colo., Tech Track sessions offer registrants an opportunity to hear from government and industry leaders in space technology development, and to learn about advances from presenters in a series of 20-minute tech talks.
The Tech Track conference registration includes access to the main Space Symposium sessions and the Boeing Exhibit Center on May 22.
Submit an abstract for consideration and find more information here.
Although the deadline for abstracts is Jan. 23, 2014, extensions may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Authors will be notified of acceptance by February 3, 2014. Please direct all questions to [email protected].
Presentations are welcome on technology developments with applications for civil, commercial, and national security sectors. The emphasis should be on recent activities or emerging technologies.
Areas of interest include:
- Space Situational Awareness (SSA)
- Commercial alternatives to government systems
- Interoperability, standardization, plug-and-play systems
- Guidance and navigation
- Satellite and launch vehicle manufacturing
- Remote sensing technology and applications
- System resilience and robustness
- Security of data links
- Emerging terrestrial applications of space systems
Key deadlines for authors (all dates are in 2014):
- January 2 - Abstracts due
- February 3 - Notification and detailed presenter instructions sent to authors via email
- March 3 - Deadline for author to confirm attendance
- April 30 - Full papers due
- May 12 - Presentations due
- May 21 - Tech Track presentations at the 30th Space Symposium
The Space Foundation's Space Symposium is the premier annual gathering of the global space community. In 2014, it will be held May 19 -22 at The Broadmoor Hotel, in Colorado Springs, Colo., USA.
Learn more about the 30th Space Symposium at www.SpaceSymposium.org.