"Rocketry" Continues Through Aug. 2 at the Discovery Center
The Space Foundation Discovery Center in Colorado Springs is featuring “Rocketry,” for its Summer of Discovery program July 22-26 and July 29-Aug. 2.
- Free surprise for the first 25 paid children admitted daily (age 4-17, includes Discovery Passport holders)
- Rocketry-themed crafts
- "Astronaut-Me" Photo Booth - get a personalized photo of yourself in a Space Shuttle or ISS Suit ($3 additional fee - sample photo at right)
- Minecraft® Mission to Mars - 11:00 a.m./2:00 p.m. ($4 additional fee)
- Exploring Mars Presentations - 1:00/3:00 p.m.
- Rocketry Film Fest
- Goddard Rocket Kits ($3 additional fee)
- Build and Launch Straw Rockets (every hour)
- Bounce House
- Stomp Rockets (Saturday only)
- Science On a Sphere® presentations every 30 minutes
See photos of activities here.
Friday, Aug. 1 - Meet Anousheh Ansari, the First Female Private Space Explorer
In 2006, Anousheh Ansari captured headlines as the first female private space explorer, the fourth private explorer to visit space and the first astronaut of Iranian descent. Ansari is co-founder and chairman of Prodea Systems, and was co-founder, CEO and chairman of Telecom Technologies, Inc.
Join us at 2:00 p.m. on Aug. 1 as we unveil Ansari's portrait in the Discovery Center, followed by an autograph session with Ansari. This event is included in the price of admission.
Friday, Aug. 1 - A Tale of Three Planets SphereCast
Take part in a fascinating SphereCast presented by the Denver Museum of Nature and Science on our Discovery Center Science On a Sphere®, included in the price of admission.
Please see our website for further details at www.spacefoundation.org/events/summer-discovery. Activities are subject to change.
Special thanks to our “Rocketry” Saturday sponsor TCF Bank.
About the Space Foundation Discovery Center
The Space Foundation Discovery Center is located off of Garden of the Gods Road at 4425 Arrowswest Drive, and is the region’s first and only space, science and technology attraction.
The Discovery Center is open Tuesday through Saturday, 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., with occasional evening events. The Discovery Center is closed on Sunday and Monday and on holidays.
Discovery Center daily admission fees are $10 for adults, $7.50 for seniors (age 65+), $7.50 for college students with I.D., $4.50 for children ages 4-17. Children age three years and younger are admitted free. Military fees are $5.00 for adults with I.D., and $4.00 for military children ages 4-17 with I.D. Military includes active duty, guard, reserve or retiree with I.D.
For information, call 719.576.8000 or visit www.spacefoundation.org/museum.
# # #