Emisshield, Inc., is Space Foundation Certified Space Technology™ Partner
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (June 24, 2014) – The Space Foundation announces its newest Certified Space Technology™ Partner, Emisshield, Inc., and has certified its core technology, originally developed by NASA.
Emisshield, Inc., located in Blacksburg, Va., was founded in 1999 as Wessex and changed its name to Emisshield in 2010. As a privately-held company, Emisshield holds six patents related to unique products. Emisshield is a thin film, ceramic nanoparticle material with high emissivity and heat re-radiation capabilities. The core technology of Emisshield was developed by NASA to be used as the heat shield for the X-33 and X-34 Space Planes. After a license for the technology was secured from NASA, intense efforts by the Virginia Tech's Center for Adhesion and Sealant Sciences, combined with extensive research and development, resulted in 30 plus Emisshield products ready for sale in today's market.
Emisshield products optimize heat applications by changing basic system physics and enabling positive improvements in any combustion or energy transfer. This technology can be used on existing or new materials utilized in all combustion processes including metals, refractory, ceramics and high technology fabrics including Trizar marketed and distributed by Clean Textile Technology. The optimization provided by Emisshield can provide significant improvement in most energy consuming, producing, or related heat systems. According to the company, performance improvements accomplished in field applications have been dramatic:
- Up to 15 percent energy savings
- Up to 15 percent production increases
- More uniform heating
- Prolonged substrate life
- Reduced downtime for maintenance
- Improved air emissions
For more information on Emisshield, please go to http://www.emisshield.com.
About Space Certification
Products and services that display the Space Certification seal are guaranteed to have stemmed from, or been dramatically improved by, technologies originally developed for space exploration or to have significant impact in teaching people about the value of space utilization.
Developed and administered by the Space Foundation, the Space Certification program serves three purposes:
- Providing a unique marketing edge for Space Certification partners
- Demonstrating to the public how space technologies now improve life on Earth
- Making space knowledge more interesting and accessible to everyone
There are three classifications of Space Foundation Certified Products:
- Certified Technology Products - Products or services that directly result from space technology or space program development or advances in space technology
- Certified Educational Products - Products used in educational environments to stimulate interest in and knowledge about space
- Certified Imagination Products - Entertainment products, games or toys that increase interest in and excitement for space and inspire new generations to take an active interest in space
A global, nonprofit organization, the Space Foundation is a leader in space awareness activities, educational programs that bring space into the classroom, major space industry events and space research studies, analyses and publications, all in support of its mission "to advance space-related endeavors to inspire, enable and propel humanity." Headquartered in Colorado Springs, the Space Foundation has an office in Washington, D.C., and a field office in Houston.
# # #