Weldon, Sega, O'Keefe, Aldrin Confirm Participation at Space at the Crossroads Conference
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (Jan. 29, 2003) -- The Space Foundation announced today the addition of several key industry leaders for Space at the Crossroads -- a highly focused one-day event presented by the Foundation, Space News and the U.S. Department of Commerce, in association with the Satellite Industry Association. Space at the Crossroads takes place Feb. 19, 2003, at the U.S. Department of Commerce, Hoover Building Auditorium in Washington, D.C.
Space at the Crossroads will provide Washington, D.C. decision makers with up-to-the-minute information on the critical issues affecting national security, commercial and civil space activities. Confirmed speakers are
- Dr. Buzz Aldrin, president, Starcraft Enterprises
- The Honorable Curt Weldon, U.S. House of Representatives - buffet luncheon guest speaker
- The Honorable Dr. Ronald M. Sega, director, Defense Research & Engineering - "The National Aerospace Initiative - Where NASA and DoD Meet"
- The Honorable Sean O'Keefe, administrator, National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) - "The National Aerospace Initiative - Where NASA and DoD Meet"
- Lt. Gen. Edward Anderson, III, USA, deputy commander, United States Northern Command - "The 100-Day Report Card - U.S. Strategic Command and U.S. Northern Command Assess Their Status"
- Lt. Gen. Thomas Goslin, Jr., USAF, deputy commander, United States Strategic Command - "The 100-Day Report Card - U.S. Strategic Command and U.S. Northern Command Assess Their Status"
- The Honorable Robert S. Walker, chairman, Wexler and Walker Public Policy Associates - "Research and Development - Technology Gaps on the Road to Future Exploration"
- The Honorable John W. Douglass, president and chief executive officer, Aerospace Industries Association - "Space and Homeland Security"
- Joseph H. Bogosian, deputy assistant secretary, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Richard Szafranski, Toffler Associates - "Space and Homeland Security"
Register online or get more information at www.spacecrossroads.org, or call the Space Foundation at (US) 719-576-8000, or toll-free in the U.S. and Canada at 1-800-691-4000.
Published by Space Holdings, Space News is the premier business-to-business international newsweekly dedicated entirely to space and aerospace business. Visit www.space.com/spacenews for more information.
The Space Foundation is a national non-profit organization whose mission is to vigorously advance and support civil, commercial and national security space endeavors and educational excellence. The Foundation also conducts the 19th National Space Symposium, April 7-10, 2003, at The Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs; and the International Space Symposium, Oct. 28-30, 2003, at the Reagan International Trade Center in Washington, D.C. For more information visit www.spacefoundation.org or call 1-800-691-4000.