Apply to Become a Space Foundation Teacher Liaison by Dec. 6
Teachers who love science have a unique opportunity to connect with other educators from around the globe who share their passion. The Space Foundation is now accepting applications for its international Teacher Liaison program. The program offers numerous benefits and there is no fee to apply, or membership cost.
Teacher Liaisons may be any PreK-20 educator or other professional or informal educator in the PreK-20 arena. Teacher Liaisons tend to be Master Teachers who want to inspire the next generation of students to pursue and excel in the areas of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM), but membership is open to educators in all disciplines, ranging from science and math to language arts, physical education, special education or the arts. Applicants need only to demonstrate that they effectively integrate space education within their curriculum.
Space Foundation Teacher Liaisons enjoy numerous benefits, privileges and activities, such as special recognition during the 30th Space Symposium, to be held at The Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs, Colo., U.S.A., May 19-22, 2014.
Some other benefits include:
- Specialized training and instruction at Space Foundation workshops with optional graduate-level credit
- National recognition as an advocate in promoting and improving space and science education through standards-based lesson plans, training and NASA activities
- Cutting-edge space education materials
- Communication with top educators from across the country
- Access to the Teacher Liaison online forums
- "First" opportunities to attend special presentations, such as an Audience with an Astronaut or tours of space exhibits, to participate in program pilots or course evaluations
Here's what's involved to apply online:
- Create and validate an account here
- Fill out the application questionnaire
- Submit a lesson to share with other teachers around the world
- Scan and upload a signed letter of recommendation from your supervisor, principal, or superintendent
Everything must be completed by Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, and will be reviewed by the Teacher Liaison Selection Committee in January 2014.
See details about the Teacher Liaison program here.
For questions, email: [email protected]