Apply by Dec. 11 to be Chosen a Teacher Liaison
Apply by Dec. 11 for the Space Foundation 2011 flight of Teacher Liaisons. This will be the ninth year of this prestigious, nationally recognized program that provides an honored few educators numerous benefits and privileges, helps strengthen their teaching skills, builds resumes, and influences education at a national level. PreK-20 teachers and other professional or informal educators in the PreK-20 arena are eligible to be Space Foundation Teacher Liaisons.
Teacher Liaisons tend to be Master Teachers who want to inspire the next generation of students to pursue and excel in the areas of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). Teacher Liaisons do not need to be science or math teachers; they need only to have a desire to integrate space education within their curriculum. Read about an outstanding Space Foundation Teacher Liaison here.
Space Foundation Teacher Liaisons serve as active links between the Space Foundation, NASA and their schools and school districts. This influential role includes numerous benefits, privileges, and activities such as special recognition during the 27th National Space Symposium, to be held at The Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs, Colorado, April 11-14, 2011.
- COMPLIMENTARY 27th National Space Symposium registration - a $1,795 value!
- COMPLIMENTARY Exhibit Center admission at the 27th National Space Symposium
- Specialized training and instruction at Space Foundation and NASA workshops with optional graduate-level credit
- Exclusive STEM professional development experiences with optional continuing education credit
- A special logo shirt worn only by Space Foundation Teacher Liaisons
- Special space-oriented student programs created just for Teacher Liaisons
Teacher Liaison Requirements
Once selected, Teacher Liaisons are expected to perform the following:
- Actively support and implement space science activities and materials into teaching curriculum
- Serve as a school focal point for Space Foundation activities
- Attend at least one Space Foundation week-long Space Across the Curriculum course
- Stay in contact via e-mail on a quarterly basis with Teacher Liaison Coordinator
- Actively participate in the Teacher Liaison on-line forums sharing ideas and resources used within the classroom
How To Apply
There is no fee to apply, or membership cost. Additional information is available at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pictured: Space Foundation Teacher Liaisons participate in a workshop at the 26th National Space Symposium in Colorado Springs, Colo.