Apply Now To Become a Teacher Liaison
The Space Foundation is now accepting applications for the 2012 flight of Teacher Liaisons. This will be the tenth year of this prestigious, nationally recognized program that provides select honored educators numerous benefits and privileges, helps strengthen their teaching skills, builds resumes and influences education at a national level. The deadline to apply is Friday, Dec. 9, 2011.
PreK-20 teachers and other professional or informal educators in the PreK-20 arena are eligible to be Space Foundation Teacher Liaisons. Teacher Liaisons tend to be Master Teachers who want to inspire the next generation of students to pursue and excel in the areas of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). Teacher Liaisons do not need to be science or math teachers; they need only have a desire to integrate space education within their curriculum.
Space Foundation Teacher Liaisons serve as active links between the Space Foundation, NASA and their schools and school districts. This influential role includes numerous benefits, privileges and activities such as special recognition during the 28th National Space Symposium, to be held at The Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs, Colo., April 16-19, 2012.
- COMPLIMENTARY 28th National Space Symposium registration
- COMPLIMENTARY admission to the Ball Aerospace Exhibit Center at the 28th National Space Symposium
- Specialized training and instruction at Space Foundation and NASA workshops with optional graduate-level credit
- Exclusive STEM professional development experiences with optional continuing education credit
- A special logo shirt worn only by Space Foundation Teacher Liaisons
- Special space-oriented student programs created just for Teacher Liaisons
Teacher Liaisons are selected by a panel comprising representatives from the space industry and the military and experienced Teacher Liaisons.
Teacher Liaison Requirements
Once selected, Teacher Liaisons are expected to perform the following:
- Actively support and implement space science activities and materials into teaching curriculum
- Serve as a school focal point for Space Foundation activities
- Attend at least one Space Foundation week-long Space Across the Curriculum course
- Stay in contact via e-mail on a quarterly basis with Teacher Liaison Coordinator
- Actively participate in the Teacher Liaison on-line forums sharing ideas and resources used within the classroom
There is no fee to apply and no membership cost. For information about the Teacher Liaison program, contact Bobby Gagnon at [email protected] or 719.955.3239.
Pictured: Space Foundation Teacher Liaisons at the 27th National Space Symposium teacher workshop