Countdown Begins for 29th National Space Symposium
Registration is now open for the 29th National Space Symposium, the international space event that brings together all sectors to highlight accomplishments and address opportunities and issues facing the global space community today. The 29th National Space Symposium is slated for April 8-11, 2013, at The Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs, Colo.
Take advantage of the Super Early Bird rate by registering now here.
The 29th National Space Symposium will feature forums, panels, presentations, speeches, special events and ample opportunity to hear from and network with the space community's most influential leaders.
Here's a snapshot of what to expect at the 29th National Space Symposium:
- Speakers representing every facet of the global space community
- The Lockheed Martin Exhibit Center, featuring state-of-the-art space technology
- Presentation of Space Foundation awards, including the General James E. Hill Lifetime Space Achievement Award, the Alan Shepard Technology in Education Award, the John L. "Jack" Swigert Award for Space Exploration, the Space Achievement Award and the Douglas S. Morrow Public Outreach Award
- A separate full-day Cyber 1.3 event on Monday, April 8, that delves even deeper into the cyber domain and its intersection with space. Cyber 1.3 requires separate registration; a substantial discount is available when registration is combined with National Space Symposium registration
- Special events and programs for New Generation Space Leaders, educators, students, media and corporate partners
- The gala Space Technology Hall of Fame® dinner honoring 2013 inductees into the prestigious program that honors space technologies that have been adapted to improve life on Earth
Among speakers confirmed for the 29th National Space Symposium are:
- Wanda M. Austin, president, The Aerospace Corporation
- Craig R. Barrett, retired CEO/chairman of the board, Intel Corporation (pictured, right)
- Romain Bausch, president & CEO, SES
- Lt. Gen. David A Deptula, USAF, Ret., president,The Deptula Group
- Jean-Jacques Dordain, director general, The European Space Agency (ESA)
- Yannick d'Escatha, president, Centre National d'Études Spatiales (CNES)
- Gen. Howell Estes, III, USAF, Ret., president, Howell Estes & Associates, Inc.
- Adm. Mark P. Fitzgerald, USN, Ret., president, Aragosto Global, LLC
- Jean-Yves Le Gall, chairman & CEO, Arianespace
- Chijoke (CJ) Nwosa, co-chair, Space Generation Advisory Council
- Gen. William L. Shelton, commander, Air Force Space Command
- Johann-Dietrich Worner, chairman, German Aerospace Center (DLR)
See the most current list of speakers at www.nationalspacesymposium.org/speakers
For information about package pricing, military rates and secure online registration for both Cyber 1.3 and the 29th National Space Symposium, go to www.NationalSpaceSymposium.org/register, which includes a live chat tab for customer service questions.
Symposium details, including the initial agenda, can be found at www.NationalSpaceSymposium.org.