Final Coverage of the 28th National Space Symposium
We've spread articles throughout several categories of this Space Watch publication, so you'll see both the National Space Symposium and Cyber 1.2 crop up all over.
The events, which were a huge hit with attendees, exhibitors and the media, included:
- The largest number of exhibitors ever filling up both the Ball Aerospace Exhibit Center and the Ball Aerospace Exhibit Center Pavilion - more than 165 exhibitors, including 42 first-time participants
- More than 9,000 participants, including registrants, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors and visitors, representing more than 800 organizations
- More than 30 nations represented, including speakers and exhibitors from multiple nations, our first international Teacher Liaison attendee and our first-ever totally non-U.S. inductee into the Space Technology Hall of Fame®
- More than 70 teachers and more than 600 students involved in workshops, Space Career Day and student/youth group tours of the Ball Aerospace Exhibit Center and the Ball Aerospace Exhibit Center Pavilion
- Presentation of prestigious Space Foundation awards
- An extraordinary slate of speakers and panelists representing the top levels in government, industry, civil space, science, personal spaceflight and academia
- The first-ever Space Generation Advisory Council (SGAC) Fusion Forum to be held in conjunction with the National Space Symposium
- Almost twice as many New Generation young space professionals involved than previous years
- The generous participation of the most diverse group of co-sponsors in our history
- Announcement of $375,000 in funding from Northrop Grumman for the Northrop Grumman Science Center at the Space Foundation's world headquarters in Colorado Springs and display of artifacts that will soon be on display at Space Foundation headqaurters
Why Three Issues?
We're covering The National Space Symposium in three issues because it's just too much for one:
- In May, we covered events and featured speakers
- In June, we covered panel sessions and New Generation and education events
- This month, we cover concurrent sessions, sponsors and the Ball Aerospace Exhibit Center
Photo galleries covering the entire event are posted here; videos are posted here; and news briefs on each event are posted here. See something you'd like to post on your website? Contact us at [email protected].
Plan to Attend the 29th National Space Symposium
Mark your calendar now for the 29th National Space Symposium, April 8-11, 2013, at The Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs.