Provizion Optics is New Certification Partner
The Space Foundation welcomes Provizion Optics as its newest Space Certification program partner and Space Foundation Corporate Patron.
Provizion Optics' Certified Space Technology invention has taken off - literally. Among the equipment assigned to the Space Shuttle Discovery was a retinal camera attachment created by Paul Filar, OD, designed to go anywhere, including space.
Astronauts on the International Space Station - and now many ophthalmologists, general practitioners, diabetic clinics and veterinarians on Earth - use the Provizion Optics PanOptic Anterior Segment and Retinal Camera Attachment to take still pictures and video of the eye, particularly the optic nerve. Using a computer link, the images can be sent to medical professionals anywhere in the world - or to Earth from space - for diagnoses.
"The gift of sight is invaluable and Provizion Optics exemplifies how technologies developed for or improved through space applications provide practical benefits for us all," said Kevin Cook, Space Foundation director - space awareness programs.
About Provizion Optics
Provizion Optics is a family-owned manufacturer of the Provizion PanOptic Anterior Segment and Retinal Camera Attachment. The device takes both digital photos and video of the retina and anterior segment of the eye, allowing for greater patient education, tracking progression of diseases and the ability to obtain consultations from any specialist around the world by emailing the images directly to the consultant. This technology provides an affordable, easy method for physicians and caregivers to diagnose and document eye issues in patients, enhancing patient care.
Learn more at http://provizionoptics.com/
About Space Certification
Products and services that display the Space Certification™ seal are guaranteed to have stemmed from or been dramatically improved by technologies originally developed for space exploration or to have significant impact in teaching people about the value of space utilization. Developed and administered by the Space Foundation, the world's foremost advocate for all sectors of the space industry, the Space Certification program serves three purposes:
- Providing a unique marketing edge for Space Certification partners
- Demonstrating to the public how space technologies now improve life on Earth
- Making space knowledge more interesting and accessible to everyone
There are three classifications of Space Foundation Certified Products:
- Certified Technology Products - Products or services that directly result from space technology or space program development or advances in space technology
- Certified Educational Products - Products used in educational environments to stimulate interest in and knowledge about space
- Certified Imagination Products - Entertainment products, games or toys that increase interest in and excitement for space and inspire new generations to take an active interest in space
Space Certification products and services have been scrutinized by the Space Foundation, which works closely with NASA, the European Space Agency (ESA) and other organizations engaged in space research and development to identify and validate that they are eligible for and deserving of recognition.
For more information on Space Certification, go to www.spacecertification.org