Space Foundation Elects New Officers, Directors
The board of directors of the Space Foundation held its annual meeting in January, officially welcoming a new slate of officers and five new board members and recognizing six board member retirements.
William F. Ballhaus, Jr., Ph.D., former president and CEO of The Aerospace Corporation, retired from the Space Foundation board of directors and was named director emeritus. Ballhaus had served as a member of the board since 2001, was vice chairman 2008-2010 and chairman of the board from 2010-2012.
Martin C. Faga, former president and CEO, The MITRE Corporation and former director of the National Reconnaissance Office, succeeds Ballhaus as chairman of the board. Faga has served on the board of directors since 2007, and was vice chairman from 2010-2012.
Lon C. Levin, co-founder of XM Satellite Radio and president of SkySevenVentures, was elected vice chairman. Levin has served on the board since 2004, and was corporate treasurer from 2007-2012.
The Honorable Barbara Barrett, president and CEO, Triple Creek Ranch and former ambassador to Finland, continues as corporate secretary.
Anita M. Antenucci, senior managing director of Houlihan Lokey, was elected treasurer. She has served on the board since 2008.
The executive committee also includes Elliot H. Pulham, chief executive officer of the Space Foundation.
The board of directors elected five new members to three-year terms:
- Richard F. Ambrose, president, Lockheed Martin IS&GS -- National
- The Honorable Robert E. Cramer, chairman, Wexler & Walker
- Lynn A. Dugle, president, Raytheon IIS
- John W. Elbon, vice president and general manager, Boeing Space Exploration
- P.J. O'Rourke, author and political satirist
Returning board members:
- David Caddey, executive vice president, Space Missions Group for MacDonald, Dettwiler & Associates, Ltd.
- Adm. James O. Ellis, Jr., USN, Ret., former commander, United States Strategic Command, and president and CEO, INPO
- Gary W. Ervin, corporate vice president and president, Northrop Grumman's Aerospace Systems
- James Maser, president, Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne
- Kay N. Sears, president, Intelsat General
- David L. Taylor, president and CEO, Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp.
- Kathryn C. Thornton, Ph.D., University of Virginia professor and former NASA astronaut
Elected to second terms:
- The Honorable Patricia Grace Smith, former assistant administrator, Federal Aviation Administration; principal, Patti Grace Smith Consulting
- Dave Weldon, M.D., head of Dave Weldon Consulting and former U.S. representative from the State of Florida
Retiring from the board and named life directors:
- Capt. Frederick H. Hauck, USN, Ret., former president, AXA Space, and former NASA astronaut
- Joanne M. Maguire, executive vice president, Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company
- The Honorable Charles Robb, former U.S. senator and former governor of the State of Virginia
- Col. Brewster Shaw, Jr., USAF, Ret., former vice president and general manager, Boeing Space and Exploration Systems, and former NASA astronaut
- Heidi R. Wood, managing director and senior equity analyst - aerospace, defense & defense electronics, Morgan Stanley