Space Foundation Represented at ISPCS
Brendan Curry, vice president - Washington Operations, represented the Space Foundation in October at the International Symposium for Personal and Commercial Spaceflight (ISPCS) in New Mexico.
Curry was part of a panel discussion on the challenges and opportunities of implementing the new U.S. space policy. His comments covered:
- Areas where there could be new commercial space opportunities
- The challenges to create and maintain a robust domestic launch industry
- A review of progress on export controls in both the congress and administration
- Emphasis on having the U.S. government transfer more routine space activities from being government-run, to being taken up by private sector.
- The Space Foundation's positive reaction to increased emphasis on international cooperation
Pictured: Brendan Curry speaking at the International Symposium for Personal and Commercial Spaceflight (ISPCS)