Fascinating Images from the Internet
Written by: developer
The Internet offers great opportunities to learn about space. See these sites:
- Watch a Space Foundation interview on space technology to learn more about how space benefits you every day! (The video plays on the home page)
- Kepler finds a real-life Tatooine; click here.
- What’s the Sun up to? Click here.
- Travel around the Earth on the ISS, click here.
- See NASA’s Image of the Day here.
- Read about the landing of a dead NASA satellite here.
Pictured: Image from the Herschel Infrared Space Observatory, which overturned the assumption that galaxies need to collide to drive vigorous star birth. Herschel is a European Space Agency (ESA) mission, with science instruments provided by European institutes and participation by NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory. Image: ESA-AOES Medialab.
This article is part of Space Watch: October 2011 (Volume: 10, Issue: 10).
Posted in Spotlight