Space Foundation News
Feb. 11 U.S. Chamber of Commerce Forum Addresses Space, Free Enterprise
Written by: developer
The Space Foundation is Partnering with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce in Washington, D.C., to present the Business Horizon Series: Free Enterprise and the Final Frontier, a program that examines the companies, investors and entrepreneurial leaders seeking to develop new industries and opportunities in commercial space through a half-day series of panels and speakers from the aerospace community.
Business Horizon Series: Free Enterprise and the Final Frontier will be held Monday, Feb. 11, from 11:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. at the Anheuser-Busch Briefing Center, U.S. Chamber of Commerce, 1615 H St. NW, Washington, D.C. Admission is free, but registration is required.
Space Foundation Chief Executive Officer Elliot Pulham will be the keynote speaker.
The panelists for We Have Liftoff — A Look at the Fastest Growing Sectors in Space Enterprise, who will highlight some of the most prominent market areas for space enterprise, include:
- Steve Isakowitz, executive vice president and chief technology officer, Virgin Galactic
- Tim Hughes, general counsel, SpaceX*
- Mark Sirangelo, corporate vice president, Sierra Nevada Corporation* (SNC) and Chairman of SNC Space Systems
- Peter Marquez, former National Security Council, industry executive
Anita M. Antenucci, Space Foundation Treasurer and senior managing director of Houlihan Lokey, (pictured right) will participate in the panel discussion, Houston, We Have an Investment: A Look at the Financing and Investment of the Industry. To be moderated by Carol Hallet, Of Counsel, U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the other panelists are:
- Hoyt Davidson, managing partner, NearEarth LLC*
- John Higginbotham, chairman and CEO, Blue Ridge Networks*
Learn more about this event or register here.
*Space Foundation Corporate Members
This article is part of Space Watch: February 2013 (Volume: 12, Issue: 2).
Posted in Space Foundation News