This spring, thousands of space leaders and professionals from around the world will travel to Colorado Springs for the Space Foundation's 34th Space Symposium, to be held at The Broadmoor, April 16-19. While the Space Symposium is not open to the general public, individuals have the opportunity to participate in this global space event through volunteering.
The four-day Space Symposium requires the support of more than 300 volunteers, who provide valuable assistance in crucial areas, such as entry control, speaker support, registrant check-in, directional personnel and technical support. Pre-event training and a site visit will be provided for volunteers.
Volunteers who work a minimum of four hours at the Space Symposium receive:
- Pass to a panel or featured speaker session
- Exhibit Center entry
- Use of the volunteer lounge for breaks and meals
- Volunteer gift
- Opportunity to participate in the premier gathering of the global space community
Requirements to Volunteer
To volunteer with the Space Foundation, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Dress appropriately, in accordance with your particular job or activity
- Communicate clearly with the Space Foundation about your expectations
- Provide two or more references if you have not volunteered with us before
- Understand that the volunteer manager will evaluate your skills and preferences in order to place you in the best role
There may be additional requirements based on a particular job or activity.
If you are interested in volunteering for the Space Symposium, please send an email to [email protected].