To promote networking opportunities with industry leaders, the Space Foundation will award 20 scholarships for minority-owned businesses to the 35th Space Symposium, to be held April 8-11, 2019, at The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
The Space Symposium is the largest single event within the space community and brings together leaders from the civil, commercial, national security space community and government. The Space Symposium is widely regarded as the most important annual forum for the discussion of space policy and programs. It is also an excellent opportunity for business promotion and networking, with companies from all sectors of the space commerce industry attending, including local, national and international trade professionals.
The scholarship includes:
- Complimentary registration for the 35th Space Symposium
- Complimentary access to Space Symposium forums and exhibits
- Special program and agenda for Space Commerce participants
- Invitation to corporate networking events
- Applicant must be an employee of a minority-owned business (one person per company)
- Applicant must have participated in Space Commerce Program, either by downloading and viewing webinars or attending one or more of the on-site, in-person workshops
NOTE: Employees of Space Foundation Corporate Members are not eligible for participation in the scholarship program
Application requirements; please submit the following:
- Position description describing duties and responsibilities within your company
- Current resume
- Letter(s) of recommendation (optional)
- Provide a list of Space Commerce webinars that you have downloaded
- Provide a list of any on-site workshops that you have attended
- Submit a Statement of Purpose (not to exceed one-page) describing your plan, goals and objectives for attending the Symposium. Please include how you might contribute to the experience of other participants in the Space Commerce Scholarship Program
- Applications to the Space Commerce Scholarship Program will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Extent to which the applicant has participated in the Space Commerce Program
- Potential contributions to participants in the Space Commerce Scholarship Program participants
- Quality of the plan to participate in the Space Symposium
- Level of responsibility in the applicant's company
- Selection and notification will be made in mid-March
NOTE: Those individuals not selected for the Space Commerce Scholarship Program will be notified and provided an opportunity to attend at discounted rate.
* Minority-Owned Business as defined by MBDA: Businesses owned by African Americans, Asian Americans, Hasidic Jews, Hispanic Americans, Native Americans, and Pacific Islanders.
Submit applications no later than March 11, 2019, at: https://www.spacefoundation.org/what-we-do/space-commerce-partners