The Space Foundation is the world's premier organization to inspire, educate, connect, and advocate on behalf of the global space community. As such, for our 34th Space Symposium, we are bringing together leaders of the civil, commercial, and defense space sectors from more than 30 spacefaring nations to discuss and shape the future of space.
The Symposium will also provide an opportunity for young space professionals to meet with, and learn from, senior decision makers through our New Generation Space Leaders program (pictured right).
All attendees will learn about the latest in space policy and global space developments, and have the opportunity to meet with other space professionals. If you plan to participate in only one space conference in 2018, this is the must-attend event. Early confirmed speakers include:
- Elżbieta Bieńkowska, European Commissioner for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs, European Commission
- LTG James H. Dickinson, USA, Commanding General, USASMDC/ARSTRAT
- Dr. Pascale Ehrenfreund, Chair, German Aerospace Center (DLR) Executive Board
- Sylvain Laporte, President, Canadian Space Agency
- Jean-Yves Le Gall, President, Centre National d'Etudes Spatiales (CNES)
- Dr. Francisco Javier Mendieta-Jimenez, General Director, Mexican Space Agency
- Gen. John W. "Jay" Raymond, USAF, Commander, Air Force Space Command
- The Honorable Heather A. Wilson, Secretary of the U.S. Air Force
- Prof. Johann-Dietrich Wörner, Director General, European Space Agency (ESA)
The four-day Symposium will celebrate the 30th anniversary of the Space Foundation's Space Technology Hall of Fame®, with three events recognizing induction of life-changing space-related technologies. Other highlights of the 34th Space Symposium will include:
- The Ball Aerospace Exhibit Center and expanded Pavilion, with nearly 200 displays of the latest in space technology, products and services
- A globally focused agenda with more than 100 top civil and military space leaders from the U.S. and abroad slated to speak
- Targeted workshops for New Generation space professionals, age 35 and younger, with multiple networking events
- Technical Track presentations, with forward-thinking experts sharing perspectives in their respective fields
- The Women's Global Gathering, focusing on the accomplishments of, and opportunities for, women in the space industry
- Special events and programs for corporate partners
- Presentation of prestigious awards, including the General James E. Hill Lifetime Space Achievement Award, the Alan Shepard Technology in Education Award, the John L. "Jack" Swigert, Jr., Award for Space Exploration, the Space Achievement Award and Douglas S. Morrow Public Outreach Award
- The return of two classified events, with compelling presentations
The Space Foundation's 34th annual Space Symposium, will be held April 16-19, 2018, at The Broadmoor (pictured below) in Colorado Springs, Colo., USA. See lodging information here, and other details at www.spacesymposium.org.
This article is part of Space Watch: October 2017 (Volume: 16, Issue: 10).