Space Foundation Adds Board Members
Several changes were made to the Space Foundation's Board of Directors at the organization's annual meeting in January as three new members were added and two retired.
The new board members are:
- Gary W. Ervin, corporate vice president and president of Northrop Grumman's Aerospace Systems;
- James Maser, president of Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne;
- Kay Sears, president of Intelsat General.
In addition, the following Board members are continuing their terms:
- William F. Ballhaus, Jr., Ph.D., former president and CEO of The Aerospace Corporation, chairman;
- Martin C. Faga, former president and CEO of The MITRE Corporation and former director of the National Reconnaissance Office, vice chairman;
- The Honorable Barbara Barrett, president and CEO of Triple Creek Ranch and former ambassador to Finland, secretary;
- Lon C. Levin, president of SkySevenVentures, treasurer;
- Anita M. Antenucci, managing director of Houlihan Lokey;
- David Caddey, executive vice president, Space Missions Group for MacDonald, Dettwiler & Associates, Ltd.;
- Adm. James O. Ellis, Jr., USN (Retired), former commander United States Strategic Command;
- Capt. Frederick H. Hauck, USN (Retired), former president of AXA Space and former NASA astronaut;
- Joanne M. Maguire, executive vice president of Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company;
- Elliot H. Pulham, chief executive officer of the Space Foundation;
- The Honorable Charles Robb, former U.S. senator and former governor of the State of Virginia;
- Col. Brewster Shaw, Jr., USAF (Retired), vice president and general manager of Boeing Space and Exploration Systems and former NASA astronaut;
- The Honorable Patricia Grace Smith, former assistant administrator of the Federal Aviation Administration and principal of Patti Grace Smith Consulting;
- David L. Taylor, president and CEO of Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp.;
- Kathryn C. Thornton, Ph.D., University of Virginia professor and four-time Space Shuttle astronaut;
- Dave Weldon, M.D., head of Dave Weldon Consulting and former U.S. representative from the State of Florida; and
- Heidi R. Wood, managing director and senior equity analyst - aerospace, defense & defense electronics for Morgan Stanley.
Retiring from the board are Robert A. Bednarek and Alexis C. Livanos, Ph.D., both of whom served since 2005 and have been named Space Foundation Life Directors.
Pictured: First row, left to right: William F. Ballhaus, Jr., Ph.D., David Caddey, Anita M. Antenucci, Kay Sears, Kathryn C. Thornton, Ph.D., Martin C. Faga, James Maser. Second row, left to right: Gary W. Ervin, Dave Weldon, M.D., The Honorable Patricia Grace Smith, The Honorable Charles Robb, Elliot H. Pulham