Space Foundation Press Releases
Media Opportunities at 24th National Space Symposium
Written by: developer
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (Mar. 31, 2008) — Accredited media are invited to attend and report from the 24th National Space Symposium.
Who: The 24th National Space Symposium will attract more than 7,500 participants including senior executive leadership from NASA, NOAA, and other civil space and government agencies; the commercial space and satellite broadcasting industry; the Department of Defense and military space commands; space entrepreneurs; universities and academia; and senior representatives from the global space industry.
What: The National Space Symposium is the premier annual space industry conference. This four day conference brings together senior leaders from all sectors of space – civil, commercial, and national security – to discuss the most pressing issues facing the space industry today. Among program highlights are
- Featured speakers including – The Honorable Wayne Allard, The Honorable Mark Udall, The Honorable Michael W. Wynne, Gen. C. Robert Kehler, Gen. Victor E. Renuart, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Ph.D., Ms. Anousheh Ansari, and others
- Panels including – Mind The Gap: Shuttle Retirement and Other Challenges on the Road to the Moon, Mars, and Beyond; Operationally Responsive Space; The NASA Administrators’ Forum; Climate Change, Space and Implications for National Security; and Fostering Innovation
- Major awards for space achievement, exploration, education, public awareness, lifetime achievement, and space technology
- A wide variety of education activities
- An extensive exhibit center with more than 140 companies and organizations and companies represented
When: April 7-10, 2008. Media briefings and announcements begin at 10:00 a.m., Tuesday, April 8, and continue throughout the week. One-on-one interview opportunities may be available upon request.
Where: The Broadmoor Hotel, Colorado Springs.
How: Media registration for the 24th National Space Symposium is complimentary to accredited media, which includes reporters, editors, and photographers affiliated with recognized broadcast, print, or Internet media organizations. Teleconference opportunities will be available for select media opportunities for media in other locations. Please contact Kendra Horn, director, media relations, for additional information at [email protected] or by calling 719.576.8000 or after April 3, 719.433.4007.
Visit www.NationalSpaceSymposium.org for secure online registration, an updated program agenda, confirmed speaker list, exhibitor list, and more.
About the Space Foundation
Founded in 1983 and celebrating its 25th anniversary this year, the Space Foundation is an international nonprofit organization advancing space-related endeavors to inspire, enable, and propel humanity. A leader in space awareness activities, major industry events, and educational enterprises that bring space into the classroom, the Space Foundation is headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colo. It conducts research and analysis and government affairs activities from its Washington, D.C., office, and has field representatives in Houston and Cape Canaveral, Fla. Along with partnering organizations, the Space Foundation also conducts Strategic Space and Defense 2008, scheduled 6-8 October in Omaha, Neb. For more information, visit www.SpaceFoundation.org.
Posted in Space Foundation Press Releases