Space Foundation Press Releases
Written by: developer
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (Oct. 1, 2008) — Accredited media are invited to attend and report from Strategic Space and Defense 2008.
Who: Strategic Space and Defense 2008 will attract nearly 2,000 participants including the senior leadership of the U.S. Strategic Command and its component and supported commands, representatives of the national security industrial base, major government contactors, federal officials, and allied partners.
What: Presented by the Space Foundation and Space News, Strategic Space and Defense 2008 is the global security conference for space and defense professionals. This two day conference brings together the foremost military, defense industry, and government leaders to discuss the most pressing issues facing the space industry today. Among program highlights are
- Featured speakers including – The Honorable Ellen O. Tauscher; The Honorable Ben Nelson; Mr. Gary E. Payton; Gen. Kevin P. Chilton, USAF; Lt. Gen. Kevin T. Campbell, USA; Vice Adm. Carl V. Mauney, USN; Lt. Gen. William L. Shelton, USAF; Maj. Gen. Thomas F. Deppe, USAF; Mr. A. Thomas Young, and others
- Panels including – “Integration of Land, Sea, Air, Space, and Cyberspace” from both military and industry perspectives, “Strategic Deterrence – Evolving Capability for Today’s World,” “Space Situational Awareness – The Key to the Protection of Critical Assets,” and “Frontline Views of the Chiefs.”
- A student program for local teachers and their classes
- The Strategic Space and Defense Dinner, the Congressional Luncheon, and the Reception in Honor of the Men and Women of U.S. Strategic Command
- A 10,000 square foot exhibit center with more than 40 companies and organizations represented
When: 6-8 October, 2008. Media check-in begins at 1400 hrs, Monday, with media opportunities scheduled throughout the event. One-on-one interview opportunities may be available upon request.
Where: Qwest Omaha Convention Center and Arena, Omaha, Neb.
How: Media registration for the Strategic Space and Defense 2008 is complimentary to accredited media, which includes reporters, editors, and photographers affiliated with recognized broadcast, print, or Internet media organizations. Teleconference opportunities will be available for select media opportunities for media in other locations. Please contact Andrea Wermuth, public affairs specialist, for additional information at [email protected] or by calling 719.576.8000 or after October 3, 719.440.6938.
Visit www.StratSpace.org for secure online registration, an updated program agenda, confirmed speaker list, exhibitor list, and more.
About the Space Foundation
Founded in 1983 and celebrating its 25th anniversary this year, the Space Foundation is an international nonprofit organization advancing space-related endeavors to inspire, enable, and propel humanity. A leader in space awareness activities, major industry events, and educational enterprises that bring space into the classroom, the Space Foundation is headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colo. It conducts research and analysis and government affairs activities from its Washington, D.C., office and has field representatives in Houston, Texas, and Cape Canaveral, Fla. The Space Foundation also conducts the National Space Symposium, the premier gathering of the global space community. The 25th National Space Symposium will take place March 30 – April 2, 2009, at The Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs. For more information, visit www.SpaceFoundation.org.
About Space News
Space News International, a division of Imaginova Corp., is the premier business-to-business media company dedicated entirely to the commercial, civil, and military space and satellite communications’ businesses. The company’s products include Space News, a weekly business-to-business newspaper; SpaceNews.com; Space News TV; and Space News Early Bird Newsletter. For more information, visit www.space.com/spacenews.
Posted in Space Foundation Press Releases