Space Foundation Press Releases
Get Fourth of July Brews Courtesy of Space!
Written by: developer
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (June 11, 2015) – While preparing for Independence Day festivities, look to space to help find the best Colorado spirits.
The 8th Edition Beer, Wine and Spirit Drinker’s Guide to Colorado, published by Motion Pixel Lab, Inc., and recognized by the Space Foundation’s Space Certification program as a Certified Imagination Product, is on shelves now.
The 27-inch by 36-inch full-color map “pintpoints” in full color Colorado’s breweries, brewpubs, wineries, cideries, meaderies, distillers and beverage makers statewide. The guide also includes information on state and national parks, ski areas, fourteeners, historic bars and coupons for more than $300 dollars in free beer and merchandise at 54 locations throughout Colorado.
The map was developed using two kinds of space technology — digital terrain data gathered by Space Shuttle-borne radar was used to create the topo-physical relief map, and global positioning system (GPS) data was used to calculate accurate elevation data for the list of Colorado fourteeners.
The 8th Edition Beer, Wine and Spirit Drinker’s Guide to Colorado is sold at the Space Foundation Discovery Center Store, 4425 Arrowswest Drive, in Colorado Springs. Buy the full guide, map and passport coupon book package for $22, or just the map and passport coupon book for $14. For information about the Discovery Center Store, call the Space Foundation at 719.576.8000.
Learn more by visiting www.beerdrinkersguidetocolorado.com.
About Space Certification
Products and services that display the Space Certification seal are guaranteed to have stemmed from, or been dramatically improved by, technologies originally developed for space exploration or to have significant impact in teaching people about the value of space utilization.
Developed and administered by the Space Foundation, the Space Certification program serves three purposes:
- Providing a unique marketing edge for Space Certification partners
- Demonstrating to the public how space technologies now improve life on Earth
- Making space knowledge more interesting and accessible to everyone
There are three classifications of Space Foundation Certified Products:
- Certified Technology Products – Products or services that directly result from space technology or space program development or advances in space technology
- Certified Educational Products – Products used in educational environments to stimulate interest in and knowledge about space
- Certified Imagination Products – Entertainment products, games or toys that increase interest in and excitement for space and inspire new generations to take an active interest in space
A global, nonprofit organization, the Space Foundation is a leader in space awareness activities, educational programs that bring space into the classroom, major space industry events and space research studies, analyses and publications, all in support of its mission “to advance space-related endeavors to inspire, enable and propel humanity.” Headquartered in Colorado Springs, the Space Foundation has an office in Washington, D.C., and a field office in Houston.
Posted in Space Foundation Press Releases