Space Foundation’s Washington Operations Office mainly offers internships three times per year, but will accept applications on a rolling basis:
|January 16 - May 12, 2023
|November 18, 2022
|May 22 - August 18, 2023
|March 24, 2023
|September 4 - December 8, 2023
|August 4, 2023
If you have applied in the past, but would like to be considered in the future, or in additional semesters, please be sure to reach out and indicate interest in reconsideration.
Interns will assist with a variety of legislative and research-based projects. Responsibilities include:
- Attending congressional hearings on behalf of Space Foundation and writing briefs summarizing these meetings
- Providing regular updates on space-related legislation
- Assisting with our biweekly newsletter publications
- Weekly recaps on important space news via newsclips
- Providing logistical support for virtual and in-person events in the DC area
Interns will also have the opportunity to write a white paper on behalf of Space Foundation on a topic of their choice. Previous white paper topics include space debris mitigation, space law, and international technology policy collaboration. White papers can be policy-based or technical-based and will be used as products for Capitol Hill and Administration advocacy. Interns may be virtual, in-person, or a hybrid of both. The Washington DC office of Space Foundation offers both full-time and part-time internships. Please note these internships are not compensated.