Annual Report: Research and Analysis
Policymakers, the media, educators and individuals interested in space look to us for credible information and cogent analysis of the forces that influence the space industry.
Two publications released in 2011 supported this goal: The Space Report: The Authoritative Guide to Global Space Activity, which has been widely referenced at policy hearings, media reports and government agency reports, and our new, updated version of Introduction to Space Activities provides an overview of space sectors, government programs, space situational awareness, space weather, launch vehicles, radio frequency and earth orbits used for space applications.
Major research products produced in 2011 included:
- A comprehensive overview of congressional committees with jurisdiction over space policy
- Political Evolution of the International Space Station: Prospects for Future Success, a white paper presented at the 15th ISU Annual International Symposium
- A continually updated overview and comparison of NASA budget requests and legislation
- Overviews and comparisons of Department of Defense (DoD) budgets allocations
- The James Webb Space Telescope: A Worthy Investment in Space Science, a white paper published in July 2011 that provides a concise and compelling argument for fully funding the James Webb Space Telescope
Quantum Leap: 2011 Annual Report to be Released Later this Month
Watch for information about the upcoming Space Foundation annual report, Quantum Leap: 2011 Annual Report, which will be posted on our website.
To learn more about Space Foundation research and analysis programs, go to www.SpaceFoundation.org/research.