Space Foundation Press Releases
TEA, Inc. Is Newest Partner in Space Foundation Space Certification Program
Written by: developer
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (May 21, 2015) – The Space Foundation today announced its newest Certified Space Technology™ Partner — TEA, Inc. (dba RemQuest) of Baton Rouge, La. TEA, Inc., which is an acronym for Toxicological & Environmental Associates, is a professional environmental consulting firm specializing in the design and implementation of green and sustainable remediation and restoration systems; toxicological and risk-based services; and litigation support and expert witness services.
RemQuest is the products division of TEA, Inc. which holds NASA license agreements for EZVI and AMTS. TEA, Inc. (dba RemQuest) are manufacturers of Emulsified Zero-Valent Iron (EZVI), an injectable product for the in-situ remediation of DNAPLs in soil and groundwater, and market internationally.
EZVI technology was inducted into the Space Foundation’s Space Technology Hall of Fame in 2007. EZVI resulted from a collaborative effort between scientists at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center and the University of Central Florida (UCF).
Developed to provide in-situ destruction of dense non-aqueous phase liquids (DNAPLs) left behind after rocket engine cleansing, this biodegradable technology uses iron particles in an environmentally friendly oil and water base to neutralize toxic chemical compounds found in soil and water.
Companies have experienced high success rates in using this technology to remediate DNAPL contaminated sites.
To learn more about TEA, Inc. (dba RemQuest) and the EZVI technology, visit the websites at:
About Space Certification
Products and services that display the Space Certification seal are guaranteed to have stemmed from, or been dramatically improved by, technologies originally developed for space exploration or to have significant impact in teaching people about the value of space utilization.
Developed and administered by the Space Foundation, the Space Certification program serves three purposes:
- Providing a unique marketing edge for Space Certification partners
- Demonstrating to the public how space technologies now improve life on Earth
- Making space knowledge more interesting and accessible to everyone
There are three classifications of Space Foundation Certified Products:
- Certified Technology Products – Products or services that directly result from space technology or space program development or advances in space technology
- Certified Educational Products – Products used in educational environments to stimulate interest in and knowledge about space
- Certified Imagination Products – Entertainment products, games or toys that increase interest in and excitement for space and inspire new generations to take an active interest in space
A global, nonprofit organization, the Space Foundation is a leader in space awareness activities, educational programs that bring space into the classroom, major space industry events and space research studies, analyses and publications, all in support of its mission “to advance space-related endeavors to inspire, enable and propel humanity.” Headquartered in Colorado Springs, the Space Foundation has an office in Washington, D.C., and a field office in Houston.
Posted in Space Foundation Press Releases