Space Foundation Press Releases
World Space Agency Leaders Open 32nd Space Symposium Panels
Written by: developer
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (Nov. 12, 2015) – The first panel presentation of the Space Foundation’s four-day 32nd Space Symposium will be a discussion of the most pressing global space issues by the world’s top space agency leaders. This will be the largest plenary gathering of heads of space agencies at any space conference in 2016.
Confirmed panelists to date include:
- Professor Roberto Battiston, President, Italian Space Agency (ASI)
- Charles F. Bolden, Jr., (Major General, USMC, Ret.), Administrator, National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- Dr. Gwang-Rae CHO, President,Korean Aerospace Research Institute (KARI)
- Dr. Pascale Erhenfreund, Chair of the Executive Board, German Aerospace Center (DLR)
- Jean-Yves Le Gall, President, Centre National d’Études Spatiales (CNES)
- Dr. Francisco Javier Mendieta Jiménez, General Director, Mexican Space Agency (AEM)
- Ger Nieuwpoort, Ph.D., Director, Netherlands Space Office
- David Parker, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer, United Kingdom Space Agency
- Dr. Marious-Ioan Piso, President and Chief Executive Officer, Romanian Space Agency (ROSA)
- Johann-Dietrich Wörner, Director, European Space Agency (ESA)
The panel will be moderated by Space Foundation Chief Executive Officer Elliot Pulham, and more agency leaders are expected to join.
The 32nd Space Symposium is slated for April 11-14, 2016, at The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs, Colo., USA. This premier global space conference annually attracts thousands of space professionals from dozens of countries. See the agenda and featured speakers at www.SpaceSymposium.org.
The 32nd Space Symposium will also feature discussion of emergent space technology, and more than 160 displays of the world’s latest space technology, products and services in the Lockheed Martin Exhibit Center and Pavilion.
Register for the 32nd Space Symposium before Jan. 22 and Save $400
Visit www.SpaceSymposium.org for secure online registration, meal tickets and secure lodging reservations. A $400 discount is currently available on standard industry registration if paid before Jan. 22, 2016.
a.i. solutions; Arianespace, Inc.; ASRC Federal; Colorado Space Coalition; Intelsat General Corporation; Lockheed Martin; Northrop Grumman; Raytheon; Scitor Corporation; SES Government Solutions; Stellar Solutions. Aviation Week and Space News are official media partners.
About the Space Foundation
Founded in 1983, the Space Foundation is the foremost advocate for all sectors of space, and is a global, nonprofit leader in space awareness activities, educational programs and major industry events, including the annual Space Symposium, in support of its mission “to advance space-related endeavors to inspire, enable and propel humanity.” Space Foundation World Headquarters in Colorado Springs, Colo., USA, has a public Discovery Center, including El Pomar Space Gallery, Northrop Grumman Science Center featuring Science On a Sphere® and the Lockheed Martin Space Education Center. The Space Foundation has a field office in Houston and conducts government affairs from its Washington, D.C., office. It publishes The Space Report: The Authoritative Guide to Global Space Activityand through its Space CertificationTM and Space Technology Hall of Fame® programs, recognizes space-based innovations that have been adapted to improve life on Earth. Visit www.SpaceFoundation.org, follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter, Google+, Flickr and YouTube, and read our e-newsletter Space Watch.
Posted in Space Foundation Press Releases