Space Foundation News
Space Foundation Announces Details for 36th Space Symposium
Written by: Space Foundation Editorial Team
Global Space Community Convenes In Person and Virtually Aug. 23-26, 2021
- For the first time, Space Symposium will offer a hybrid program
- COVID-19 protocols and adjustments allow for assembly of the global space ecosystem
- Virtual access lets external audiences engage Symposium programming
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — April 28, 2021 — Space Foundation, a nonprofit advocate organization founded in 1983, today announced details on 36th Space Symposium, the premier assembly for the global space ecosystem, to be held Aug. 23-26, 2021, at The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs and virtually through Symposium 365 Digital Platform. Registration and details can be found at www.spacesymposium.org.
“The past year has challenged us all, but the space community has demonstrated its perseverance and inspiration in countless ways,” said Space Foundation CEO Tom Zelibor. “The capabilities are now in hand for us to safely gather again in person, while expanding our reach to host attendees from around the world virtually and make them part of the Space Symposium experience.”
Working with its multiple partners, corporate members, and stakeholders, Space Foundation has created a hybrid program for the first time in nearly four decades of Space Symposium operations that will allow for in-person and virtual attendance. The in-person assembly of global space leaders and innovators will be limited in its physical size to comply with public health ordinances, but the virtual assembly will allow unlimited, real-time and on-demand access to the event.
“As the preeminent advocate and gateway for lifelong education, trusted information, and seamless collaboration, Space Foundation is doing everything we can to bring together this community of people and organizations engaged in space exploration and space-inspired industries that define the global space ecosystem,” added Zelibor.
Additional details on 36th Space Symposium include:
- Registration – Registration for in-person attendance is now open, and virtual attendance will open in May 2021. For more information on registration, please visit www.spacesymposium.org/space-symposium-registration.
- Agenda – The agenda remains under development and regular updates will be posted. Space Symposium attendees — in-person and virtual — can expect the same quality of education, information and collaboration that make each gathering a success. For more information on the agenda, please visit www.spacesymposium.org/agenda.
- Exhibits – With the addition of Bartolin Hall at The Broadmoor, the Lockheed Martin Exhibit Center will showcase more than 200 exhibitors this year. For more details on exhibiting, please visit www.spacesymposium.org/exhibit-center.
- COVID Precautions and Operational Adjustments – Space Foundation has been working with The Broadmoor team and partners to comply with all public health and safety protocols to ensure the well-being of every Space Symposium participant. Attendance numbers in assembly rooms will be limited for social distancing and other safety compliance. Additional precautionary steps, including attendee health screenings, are under consideration. For more information on COVID-19 guidelines, please visit www.spacesymposium.org/covid-19-statement-and-guidelines.
- International Attendees – International visitors are welcome at 36th Space Symposium, but any such travel into the United States will be governed by existing rules and directives regarding the entry of foreign visitors by the U.S. government.
- Co-Sponsors – Partnerships with industry leaders are key to the future of the space ecosystem. For more details on sponsorship opportunities, please visit www.spacesymposium.org/cosponsor.
- Quick Links –
- Website: www.spacesymposium.org/
- Agenda: www.spacesymposium.org/agenda
- Registration: www.spacesymposium.org/space-symposium-registration/
- Frequently Asked Questions: www.spacesymposium.org/frequently-asked-questions.
About Space Symposium
Space Symposium is the premier assembly for the global space ecosystem, hosted by Space Foundation since 1984. The live event is widely attended by commercial and government leaders, young professionals, entrepreneurs and educators in Colorado Springs, Colorado. This year’s 36th Space Symposium will enable its thousands of global attendees to seamlessly engage and conduct business both in person and virtually via Symposium 365 Digital Platform. For more information, please visit www.space symposium.org.
About Symposium 365
Symposium 365, a division of Space Foundation, is the premier source for media and events in the global space ecosystem, offering authoritative news and information and venues for networking and conducting business via the world-renowned Space Symposium, Symposium 365 Digital Platform and The Space Report. Serving commercial, government and education sectors, Symposium 365 produces signature programming — live and online — for professionals, entrepreneurs, educators and students to learn, connect and conduct business 365 days a year. To learn more about Symposium 365, please visit www.spacesymposium365.org/.
About Space Foundation
Space Foundation is a nonprofit advocate organization founded in 1983, offering a gateway to education, information and collaboration for space exploration and space-inspired industries that define the global space ecosystem. Driven by a partnership model, Space Foundation operates three divisions that unite the entire spectrum of stakeholders — business, government, education and local communities — through corporate membership, sponsorship, fundraising and grants.Center for Innovation and Education is a lifelong learning platform. Symposium 365 is the premier source for media and events, including the world-renowned Space Symposium. Global Alliance facilitates collaboration around the world. Visit Space Foundation at www.SpaceFoundation.org, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
All brand names and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
Tags: Space Foundation, Space Symposium, Symposium 365 Digital Platform, virtual event, space economy, space technology, space innovation, space ecosystem, space commerce, space exploration, space-inspired industries
Vice President, Strategic Communications & Outreach
Posted in Space Foundation News