Space Foundation Press Releases
Space Foundation To Feature National Space Day With US Space Command on Symposium 365 Digital Platform
Written by: Space Foundation Editorial Team
- National Space Day presentation in association with USSPACECOM, May 7
- New Generation Space Leaders Panel, May 13
- The Space Beat: Today’s Space Reporters Speak, May 19
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — May 5, 2021 — Space Foundation, a nonprofit advocate organization founded in 1983, today released the upcoming event schedule for Symposium 365, the premier source for media and events in the global space ecosystem. Professionals, entrepreneurs, educators and students gain unlimited access to the Symposium 365 Digital Platform for one year by registering at www.spacesymposium365.org/register.
Upcoming online events include:
National Space Day (Presented in Association With U.S. Space Command)
May 7, 2021, 8-10 a.m. EDT
Registration and live feed: www.spacesymposium365.org/agenda/international-space-day
Join Space Foundation on National Space Day as we discuss the past, present and future of U.S. Space Command.
- Maj. Gen. DeAnna Burt, USSF – Deputy Commander, Space Operations Command/Commander, Combined Force Space Component Command, USSPACECOM
- GEN. James Dickinson, USA – Commander, USSPACECOM
- Brig. Gen. Gregory Gagnon, USAF – Director of Intelligence, USSPACECOM
- Maj. Gen. William Holt, USAF – Director Operations, Training and Force Development, USSPACECOM
- Dr. Sean Kirkpatrick, Deputy Director of Intelligence and DNI Representative, USSPACECOM
- BG Thomas James – Commander, Joint Task Force-Space Defense, USA
- Brig. Gen.(s) Devin Pepper, USSF – Deputy Director of Strategy, Plans and Policy Directorate, USSPACECOM
- MGySgt Scott Stalker, USMC – Command Senior Enlisted Leader, USSPACECOM
- Mr. Robert Thomas – Associate Director, Capability and Resource Integration Directorate, USSTRATCOM
- Gp. Capt. Darren Whiteley – Deputy Director, Combined Space Operations Center, RAF
New Generation Space Leaders Panel – Life in the Extreme: The Fundamentals of Surviving and Thriving
May 13, 2021, 1-2 p.m. EDT
Understanding how life can survive in harsh environments and how we can apply that knowledge to space exploration is critical to the success of other planetary habitation. Join us as experts discuss how they search for life in extreme environments, similar to what we anticipate finding on other planets, and how that life can survive and thrive.
Moderator and featured speaker:
- Dr. Trista J. Vick-Majors, assistant professor, Department of Biological Sciences, Michigan Technological University
- Dr. Scott Perl, research scientist, geobiology and astrobiology, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Panel – The Space Beat: Today’s Space Reporters Speak
May 19, 2021, 1-2 p.m. EDT
Registration and live feed: www.spacesymposium365.org/agenda/panel-the-space-beat-todays-space-reporters-speak
Hear from the reporters chronicling today’s space story, with more players and events involved than ever before, and learn about how they approach telling these stories.
Moderator and featured speakers:
- Jeanne Meserve, homeland security expert/analyst, former correspondent/anchor, CNN, ABC
- Sandra Erwin, national security reporter, SpaceNews
- Emre Kelly, space reporter, Florida Today
- Miriam Kramer, space reporter, Axios
- Michael Sheetz, space reporter, CNBC
Recent Symposium 365 Digital Platform events have included a panel discussion on the changing landscape of satellite market opportunities in various sectors, a New Generation Space Leaders Panel with young professional engineers sharing their work on space innovations, a conversation with Brig. Gen. Heather L. Pringle, USAF, about the work of the Air Force Research Library, and much more. All events are available for registrants to watch at their scheduled times or later on demand as desired. Symposium 365 Digital Platform also offers archived videos from past Space Symposium live events.
About Symposium 365 Digital Platform
Symposium 365 Digital Platform, launched in 2020 by Space Foundation’s Symposium 365 division, produces virtual signature programming for professionals, entrepreneurs, educators and students to learn, connect and conduct business 365 days a year via webinars, podcasts, livestreamed events, and published reports. Advocating for space exploration and space-inspired industries on Earth, Symposium 365 Digital Platform features industry-leading presentations, classified space intelligence events, expert panel discussions. space mission briefings, space economy research and data analysis, workforce and supply chain perspectives, space technology innovation reviews, and award presentations. Individuals and organizations can engage with Symposium 365 Digital Platform through subscription, membership and sponsorship. For more information, please visit www.spacesymposium365.org.
About Symposium 365
Symposium 365, a division of Space Foundation, is the premier source for media and events in the global space ecosystem, offering authoritative news and information and venues for networking and conducting business via the world-renowned Space Symposium, The Space Report and Symposium 365 Digital Platform. Serving commercial, government and education sectors, Symposium 365 produces signature programming — live and online — for professionals, entrepreneurs, educators and students to learn, connect and conduct business 365 days a year. To learn more about Symposium 365, please visit www.spacesymposium365.org.
About Space Foundation
Space Foundation is a nonprofit advocate organization founded in 1983, offering a gateway to education, information and collaboration for space exploration and space-inspired industries that define the global space ecosystem. Driven by a partnership model, Space Foundation operates three divisions that unite the entire spectrum of stakeholders — business, government, education and local communities — through corporate membership, sponsorship, fundraising and grants.Center for Innovation and Education is a lifelong learning platform. Symposium 365 is the premier source for media and events, including the world-renowned Space Symposium. Global Alliance facilitates collaboration around the world. Visit Space Foundation at www.SpaceFoundation.org, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
All brand names and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
Tags: Space Foundation, Symposium 365, space economy, space commerce, space reporters, space technology, space innovation, virtual event, space programs, space community, space ecosystem, USSPACECOM
Vice President, Strategic Communications & Outreach
Posted in Space Foundation Press Releases