Find Global Space Facts in The Space Report 2015
Written by: developer
The Space Foundation’s flagship publication The Space Report: The Authoritative Guide to Global Space Activity is often cited as a source in news reports about the global space industry. The Space Report is published annually by the Space Foundation, and contains worldwide space facts and figures, and is illustrated with photographs, charts and graphs.
Following are some of the facts and analyses found in The Space Report 2015:
- In 2014, the global space economy grew slightly more than 9 percent, reaching a total of $330 billion worldwide, up from 2013’s $302.5 billion.
- Together, commercial space activities made up 76 percent of the global space economy.
- The industry as a whole demonstrated a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of seven percent from 2005 to 2014, nearly doubling in size over the course of the decade.
- U.S. government space spending went up slightly, 2.9 percent, from 2013 to 2014.
- The U.S. devoted 1.2 percent of the government’s national budget to space in 2014.
- Space expenditures by governments other than the U.S. grew 12.9 percent in 2014.
About the Website
Beginning in September 2015, the Space Foundation will offer an online service that will provide subscribers with access to all the research conducted for The Space Report dating back to 2005, as well as new data sets that have never appeared in the report. This website will provide users with updates throughout the year, customizable chart and downloadable data for further analysis. To view more information about this new service, visit www.TheSpaceReport.org.
The Space Report 2015 is on Sale Now
The Space Report is the definitive body of information about the global space industry. It is a valuable resource for government and business leaders, educators, financial analysts, students and space-related businesses. The report can be purchased as a downloadable PDF for $399. A website subscription can be purchased for $3,500. The subscription includes the ability to download every published edition of The Space Report. Purchases can be made online at www.TheSpaceReport.org.
This article is part of Space Watch: August 2015 (Volume: 14, Issue: 8).
Posted in Global Space