Space Foundation Press Releases
Panels Announced for Space Technology & Investment Forum 2016
Written by: developer
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (June 20, 2016) – The Space Foundation is holding a by-invitation gathering of some of the most innovative, insightful and visionary professionals from the entrepreneurial and investment sectors of space and technology. Hear and meet more than 40 speakers in a unique and exclusive environment at the Space Technology & Investment Forum 2016, to be held Aug. 16 & 17 at JW Marriott San Francisco Union Square.
Learn what niches are hot and why, gain global industry insight and hear solution and success stories. Also learn the steps for various investment goals and approaches. Some of the panel discussions are:
- “Hot New Tech”
- “International Space Investment”
- “Remote Sensing, an Investment Hotbed”
- “Closing the Deal – Funding Success Stories”
- “Hard Problems and Space Solutions”
- “Hot Niches and Why They’re Hot”
- “Impacts of the Legal and Regulatory Environment”
- “Not-So-Strange Bedfellows: Where Investors and Government Funding Meet”
- “Knowing Your Investor: Differences in Investment Goals and Approaches”
Featured speakers include:
- Dr. Andrew Aldrin, Director of Buzz Aldrin Space Institute, Associate Professor at Florida Institute of Technology
- Richard F. Ambrose, Executive Vice President, Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company
- John Higginbotham, Chairman and CEO, Blue Ridge Networks
- Moriba Jah, Ph.D., Director of Space Object Behavioral Analysis, University of Arizona
- Matt O’Connell, CEO, OneWeb
- Richard Rocket, Co-Founder, Chief Executive Officer, NewSpace Global
Participating companies include investors and innovators.
A3 by Airbus Group
Bessemer Venture Partners
L3 Electron Technologies
Lockheed Martin Space Systems
Made in Space
Co-sponsorship of the Space Technology & Investment Forum 2016 is provided by CASIS, Illuminate and Lockheed Martin. Satellite Finance is the the media partner. Supporting organizations include Silicon Valley Space Business Roundtable (SVSBR) and Space Angels Network.
About the Space Foundation
Founded in 1983, the Space Foundation is the foremost advocate for all sectors of space, and is a global, nonprofit leader in space awareness activities, educational programs and major industry events, including the annual Space Symposium, in support of its mission “to advance space-related endeavors to inspire, enable and propel humanity.” Space Foundation World Headquarters in Colorado Springs, Colo., USA, has a public Discovery Center, including El Pomar Space Gallery, Northrop Grumman Science Center featuring Science On a Sphere® and the Lockheed Martin Space Education Center. The Space Foundation has a Washington, D.C., office and field representatives in Houston and the Florida Space Coast. It publishes The Space Report: The Authoritative Guide to Global Space Activity, and through its Space CertificationTM and Space Technology Hall of Fame® programs, recognizes space-based innovations that have been adapted to improve life on Earth. Visit www.SpaceFoundation.org, follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter, Google+, Flickr and YouTube, and read our e-newsletter Space Watch.
Posted in Space Foundation Press Releases