Space Foundation News
Register Now for Leadership Course and Support STEM Education
Written by: developer
The Space Foundation is partnering with Academy Leadership to offer a Leadership Excellence Course and Executive Coaching program, designed for experienced managers and project managers who want to gain professional development credits or PDU toward a PMI Certification.
This 3-day intensive course will be held Feb. 7-9, 2017, and will grant 36 PDUs toward PMI Certification or 30 SHRM PDCs. The course will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. each day, at the Space Foundation Discovery Center in Colorado Springs, 4425 Arrowswest Drive, 80907.
Proceeds from the course registration will benefit Space Foundation STEM education programs that inspire more than 20,000 students a year.
Leadership Excellence Course and Executive Coaching participants will learn important ‘soft’ skills, such as how to leverage conflict and build more effective working relationships — two issues that research has shown are particularly challenging for most managers at this level.
Learn skills to:
- Articulate your personal leadership philosophy
- Build a high-performance team
- Align and accomplish organizational goals
- Strengthen influence with boards, shareholders, partners, customers, colleagues and critical stakeholders
- Set priorities and develop clear action plans
- Develop committed, energized project team members and employees
Course modules include:
- Managing a Leader’s Style and Energy
- Aligning and Accomplishing Goals
- Personal Leadership Philosophy
- Creating a Motivational Climate
- Leveraging the Power of Conflict
- Setting Leadership Priorities
- Building a Culture of Responsibility
- Coaching to Develop People
- 3-day, goal-focused, outcome-driven workshop
- 90 days of follow-up executive coaching
- Audio MP3 files of Leadership Excellence Course readings
- Workbook, including self-evaluation, application and action exercises
- Your personal Energize2Lead™ Leadership Profile
- The Leader’s Compass: A Personal Leadership Philosophy is Your Key to Success, 3rd Edition by Ed Ruggero and Dennis F. Haley
- Bonus: Personal Leader’s Journal software
The fee is $2,950.00 and includes continental breakfast and lunch each day. Register by following this link and entering the entering the discount code: JESPACE during registration to receive a $300.00 Friend of the Space Foundation discount ($2,650 w/discount).
About the Academy Leadership Advantage
Academy Leadership, an elite consulting and training firm founded in 2000 by Annapolis and West Point graduates, consists of a team of trailblazers with decades of real-world experience leading businesses and developing corporate leaders. Combined, Academy Leadership delivers a comprehensive, no-nonsense program for senior executives and program managers in any industry, in any size organization.
The Facilitator for the Colorado Springs Leadership Excellence program will be Jim Emerick. Contact Jim Emerick at 813.579.0739 or [email protected] to discuss Academy Leadership organizational consulting and training programs.
Emerick is a graduate of the U.S. Air Force Academy (BSEE) and the University of New Mexico’s Anderson Graduate School of Business (MBA). He is former Spacecraft Microelectronics Program Manager, co-founder and CEO of a successful high-technology start up, and works with PMI chapters and corporate clients worldwide.
This article is part of Space Watch: December 2016 (Volume: 15, Issue: 12).
Posted in Space Foundation News