Volunteers Support Symposium Success
Written by: developer
The Space Foundation sends its thanks in advance to our more than 300 volunteers who will support this year’s 31st Space Symposium. Volunteers provide valuable support in crucial areas, such as exhibitor registration, speaker support, on-site registrant check-in, greeter/directional personnel and technical support. The Symposium will be held April 13-16, 2015, at The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs.
Openings are still available for Symposium volunteers and training is provided, so if you are interested in volunteering for the 31st Space Symposium you may apply now. Contact [email protected], or call +1.719.576.8000.
Requirements to Volunteer
To volunteer with the Space Foundation, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Dress appropriately, in accordance with your particular job or activity
- Communicate clearly with the Space Foundation about your expectations – we are happy to be flexible with your schedule if you communicate with us
- Provide two or more references if you have not volunteered with us before
- Understand that the volunteer coordinator will evaluate your skills and preferences in order to place you in the best role
There may be additional requirements based on a particular job or activity.
Volunteers who work a minimum of four hours at the Space Symposium receive:
- Pass to a panel or featured speaker session
- Exhibit Center entry
- Use of the volunteer lounge for breaks and meals
- Volunteer gift
- Opportunity to participate in the premier gathering of the global space community
New for 2015
Symposium volunteer check-in will relocate from Colorado Hall at The Broadmoor to the Ball Exhibit Center Pavilion, closer to volunteer parking and providing ample opportunity for volunteers to explore the Pavilion’s many exhibits.
This article is part of Space Watch: February 2015 (Volume: 14, Issue: 2).
Posted in Spotlight