Featured Speakers Announced for Space Foundation's 33rd Space Symposium
Written by: developer
For its 33rd year, the Space Foundation’s annual Space Symposium will bring together leaders of the civil, commercial and defense space sectors from more than 30 spacefaring nations to discuss and shape the future of space. The power of face-to-face collaboration is unrivaled at this must-attend gathering.
Early featured speakers include:
- Winston A. Beauchamp, Deputy Under Secretary of the Air Force for Space, and Director, Principal Department of Defense Space Advisor Staff, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
- Lt. Gen. David J. Buck, USAF, Commander, 14th Air Force
- Robert D. Cabana, Director, John F. Kennedy Space Center
- Maj. Gen. Clinton E. Crosier, USAF, Director of Plans and Policy, U.S. Strategic Command, Offutt Air Force Base, Neb.
- Pascale Ehrenfreund, Chair, DLR Executive Board
- Sylvain Laporte, President, Canadian Space Agency
- Jean-Yves Le Gall, President, Centre National d’Etudes Spatiales (CNES)
- Todd May, Director, NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
- Dr. Ellen Ochoa, Director, NASA Johnson Space Center
- Dr. Michael Watkins, Director, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Dr. Johann-Dietrich ‘Jan’ Woerner, Director General, European Space Agency (ESA)
The four-day conference will also feature:
- More than 160 exhibits of the latest in space technology, products and services
- A reformatted classified Cyber 1.7 event with compelling presentations
- A globally focused agenda with more than 100 top civil and military space leaders from the U.S. and abroad slated to speak
- Targeted workshops for New Generation space professionals age 35 and younger, with plentiful networking events
- Technical Track sessions, back by popular demand, with forward-thinking experts sharing perspectives in their respective fields
- Special events and programs for corporate partners
- Presentation of prestigious Space Foundation awards, including the General James E. Hill Lifetime Space Achievement Award, the Alan Shepard Technology in Education Award, the John L. “Jack” Swigert, Jr., Award for Space Exploration, the Space Achievement Award and Douglas S. Morrow Public Outreach Award
- Induction of life-changing space-related technologies into the Space Technology Hall of Fame®
The 33rd Space Symposium will be held April 3-6, 2017, at The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs, Colo., USA, and will provide the perfect environment for connecting with customers, conducting meetings and achieving business goals — all in one place at one time.
Visit www.SpaceSymposium.org for complete conference information.
This article is part of Space Watch: October 2016 (Volume: 15, Issue: 10).
Posted in Space Symposium