Report from Washington, D.C.
Featured Speakers Announced for Classified Faga Forum on Space Intelligence
Written by: developer
In response to demand for a classified space conference in the metro Washington, D.C., area, the Space Foundation will again offer the Faga Forum on Space Intelligence, to be held on Feb. 15, at SAIC in Chantilly, Va.
Early confirmed speakers for the Faga Forum 2017 include:
- Winston A. Beauchamp, Deputy Under Secretary of the Air Force for Space, and Director, Principal Department of Defense Space Advisor Staff, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
- ADM James O. Ellis, Jr., USN (Ret.), former commander of United States Strategic Command; Annenberg Distinguished Fellow at the Hoover Institution, Stanford University; and Space Foundation Chairman, Board of Directors
- Susan Gordon, Deputy Director, National Geospatial Agency (NGA)
- The Honorable Jeffrey K. Harris, former Director, National Reconnaissance Office (NRO)
- The Honorable Steven Isakowitz, President and Chief Executive Officer, The Aerospace Corporation
- John “J.R.” Riordan, Vice President, Strategy and Air Force Business Development, SAIC
- Betty Sapp, Director, National Reconnaissance Office
- Brad Tousley, Ph.D., Director, Tactical Technology Office, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
The Forum will bring together industry, as well as government, decision makers versed in national security space and intelligence issues to discuss current challenges and solutions. Hours for the full-day conference will be 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., followed by a networking reception.
The Space Foundation’s first Faga Forum on Space Intelligence was held in February 2016. Demand for a classified conference in the nation’s capital grew from the popularity of classified programs held by the Space Foundation during its annual Space Symposium. The Faga Forum was named for Space Foundation Director Emeritus Martin C. Faga, former Director of the NRO.
Seating will be limited, and U.S. citizenship and TS/SCI clearance are required to register. Register now at www.fagaforum.org.
This article is part of Space Watch: December 2016 (Volume: 15, Issue: 12).
Posted in Report from Washington, D.C.