Student Art Contest to Launch Soon
Written by: developer
Watch the Space Foundation website – www.SpaceFoundation.org – for an announcement later this month with details of how to enter the Space Foundation Student Art Contest. The theme for 2012 is Space is Infinite – Explore!
Here are some basic details; full details will be available Sept. 12:
- The contest is open to students in PreK-12th grade from thoughout the world
- All entries must be submitted and sponsored by teachers for their students
- Deadline will be Jan. 31, 2012
- Winners will be announced in early 2012 and will be invited to an awards ceremony at the 28th National Space Symposium, to be held April 16-19, 2012, at The Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs, Colo.
- The grand prize winners will be announced at the ceremony
Entries will be judged in four grade categories:
The contest will accept up to one entry per person in three categories:
The contest will officially launch Sept. 12.
Pictured: Some of the winning artwork from the 2011 Space Foundation Student Art Contest
This article is part of Space Watch: September 2011 (Volume: 10, Issue: 9).
Posted in Spotlight