Space Foundation Press Releases
Featured Speakers Announced for Space Foundation's Classified Faga Forum on Space Intelligence 2017
Written by: developer
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (Nov. 14, 2016) – In response to demand for a classified space conference in the metro Washington, D.C., area, the Space Foundation will again offer the Faga Forum on Space Intelligence, to be held on Feb. 15, at SAIC in Chantilly, Va.
Early confirmed speakers for the Faga Forum 2017 include:
- Winston A. Beauchamp, Deputy Under Secretary of the Air Force for Space, and Director, Principal Department of Defense Space Advisor Staff, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
- ADM James O. Ellis, Jr., USN (Ret.), former commander of United States Strategic Command; Annenberg Distinguished Fellow at the Hoover Institution, Stanford University; and Space Foundation Chairman, Board of Directors
- Susan Gordon, Deputy Director, National Geospatial Agency (NGA)
- The Honorable Jeffrey K. Harris, former Director, National Reconnaissance Office (NRO)
- The Honorable Steven Isakowitz, President and Chief Executive Officer, The Aerospace Corporation
- John “J.R.” Riordan, Vice President, Strategy and Air Force Business Development, SAIC
- Betty Sapp, Director, National Reconnaissance Office
- Brad Tousley, Ph.D, Director, Tactical Technology Office, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
The Forum will bring together industry, as well as government, decision makers versed in national security space and intelligence issues to discuss current challenges and solutions. Hours for the full-day conference will be 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., followed by a networking reception.
The Space Foundation’s first Faga Forum on Space Intelligence was held in February 2016. Demand for a classified conference in the nation’s capital grew from the popularity of classified programs held by the Space Foundation during its annual Space Symposium. The Faga Forum was named for Space Foundation Director Emeritus Martin C. Faga, former Director of the NRO.
Seating will be limited, and U.S. citizenship and TS/SCI clearance required to register. Visit www.fagaforum.org to register, and for conference information.
About the Space Foundation
Founded in 1983, the Space Foundation is the foremost advocate for all sectors of space, and is a global, nonprofit leader in space awareness activities, educational programs and major industry events, including the annual Space Symposium, in support of its mission “to advance space-related endeavors to inspire, enable and propel humanity.” Space Foundation World Headquarters in Colorado Springs, Colo., USA, has a public Discovery Center, including El Pomar Space Gallery, Northrop Grumman Science Center featuring Science On a Sphere® and the Lockheed Martin Space Education Center. The Space Foundation has a Washington, D.C., office and field representatives in Houston and the Florida Space Coast. It publishes The Space Report: The Authoritative Guide to Global Space Activity, and through its Space CertificationTM and Space Technology Hall of Fame® programs, recognizes space-based innovations that have been adapted to improve life on Earth. Visit both of our websites — www.SpaceFoundation.org and www.DiscoverSpace.org — and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter, Google+, Flickr and YouTube, and read our e-newsletter Space Watch.
# # #
Space Foundation contact:
Carol Hively, Director – Public Relations & Team Communications
Posted in Space Foundation Press Releases