Space Foundation Press Releases
Space Foundation Elects New Directors
Written by: developer
PASADENA, Calif. (Jan. 16, 2013) – The board of directors of the Space Foundation held its annual meeting today, officially welcoming two new board members and recognizing one board member retirement.
The board of directors elected two new members to three-year terms:
- Wanda M. Austin, Ph.D., president and chief executive officer, The Aerospace Corporation
- Ronald M. Sega, Ph.D., vice president and enterprise executive for energy, Colorado State University and The Ohio State University
Officers continuing in service are:
- Anita M. Antenucci, senior managing director of Houlihan Lokey, treasurer
- The Honorable Barbara Barrett, interim president, Thunderbird School of Global Management; president and chief executive officer, Triple Creek Ranch; and former ambassador to Finland, secretary
- Martin C. Faga, former president and chief executive officer, The MITRE Corporation; and former director of the National Reconnaissance Office, chairman of the board
- Lon C. Levin, co-founder of XM Satellite Radio; and president of SkySevenVentures, vice chairman of the board
- ADM James O. Ellis, Jr., USN, Ret., former commander, United States Strategic Command; and president and chief executive officer, INPO, executive committee member-at-large
- Elliot Pulham, chief executive officer
Elected to second terms:
- ADM James O. Ellis, Jr., USN, Ret.
- Kathryn C. Thornton, Ph.D., University of Virginia professor and former NASA astronaut
Retiring from the board and named life director:
- Gary W. Ervin, corporate vice president and president, Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems
Returning board members:
- Richard F. Ambrose, deputy and vice president, Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company
- David Caddey, executive vice president, Space Missions Group for MacDonald, Dettwiler & Associates, Ltd.
- The Honorable Robert E. “Bud” Cramer, chairman, Wexler & Walker
- Lynn A. Dugle, president, Raytheon Intelligence and Information Systems (IIS)
- John W. Elbon, vice president and general manager, The Boeing Company — Space Exploration
- James Maser, president, Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne
- P.J. O’Rourke, author and political satirist
- Kay N. Sears, president, Intelsat General
- The Honorable Patricia Grace Smith, former assistant administrator, Federal Aviation Administration; principal, Patti Grace Smith Consulting
- David L. Taylor, president and chief executive officer, Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp.
- The Honorable Dave Weldon, M.D., head of Dave Weldon Consulting and former U.S. representative from the State of Florida
About the Space Foundation
The foremost advocate for all sectors of the space industry and an expert in all aspects of space, the Space Foundation is a global, nonprofit leader in space awareness activities, educational programs that bring space into the classroom and major industry events, including the National Space Symposium, all in support of its mission “to advance space-related endeavors to inspire, enable and propel humanity.” The Space Foundation publishes The Space Report: The Authoritative Guide to Global Space Activity and provides three indexes that track daily U.S. stock market performance of the space industry. Through its Space Certification™ and Space Technology Hall of Fame® programs, the Space Foundation recognizes space-based technologies and innovations that have been adapted to improve life on Earth. The Space Foundation was founded in 1983 and is based in Colorado Springs, Colo. Its world headquarters features a public Visitors Center with two main areas – the El Pomar Space Gallery and the Northrop Grumman Science Center featuring Science On a Sphere®. The Space Foundation also conducts research and analysis and government affairs activities from its Washington, D.C., office and has a field office in Houston, Texas. For more information, visit www.SpaceFoundation.org. Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter, and read about the latest space news and Space Foundation activities in Space Watch.
# # #
Posted in Space Foundation Press Releases