Space Foundation Press Release
Discounted Early Bird Rate Available Until March 15 for 29th National Space Symposium
Written by: developer
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (March 6, 2013) – The Space Foundation is offering one last discount through March 15 for its 29th National Space Symposium, to be held April 8-11 at The Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs, Colo.
Register now and save up to $200 on standard industry registration, at www.NationalSpaceSymposium.org/register.
Widely known as the premier space policy and program forum for the entire global space community, the Space Symposium will feature more that 100 top-level international speakers and panelists. Some of the Space Symposium’s key speakers and panelists will include:
- Gen. Yves Arnaud, commander, Joint Space Command, French Ministry of Defense
- Brig. Gen. Christian Badia, head of division, Strategic Defence Planning & Concepts, German Federal Ministry of Defence
- Craig R. Barrett, Ph.D., retired CEO/chairman of the board, Intel Corporation
- Romain Bausch, president & CEO, SES
- Ambassador Jacek Bylica, principal adviser and special envoy for non-proliferation and disarmament, European External Action Service, European Union
- Jean-Jacques Dordain, director general, The European Space Agency (ESA)
- Lori B. Garver, deputy administrator, NASA
- Kiyoshi Higuchi, vice president, Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA)
- Eric L. Hirschhorn, under secretary, Bureau of Industry and Security, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Gen. C. Robert Kehler, USAF, commander, U.S. Strategic Command
- Jean-Yves Le Gall, chairman & CEO, Arianespace
- Junya Nishimoto, director, National Space Strategic Office, Cabinet Office of Japan
- Lt. Gen. Ellen M. Pawlikowski, USAF, commander, Space and Missile Systems Center, Air Force Space Command
- Frank A. Rose, deputy assistant secretary of state for space and defense policy
- Scott J. Seymour, president and CEO, GenCorp
- Gen. William L. Shelton, USAF, commander, Air Force Space Command
- Johann-Dietrich Wörner, chairman of the executive board, German Aerospace Center (DLR)
See the complete speakers list and agenda at www.NationalSpaceSymposium.org/.
The Space Symposium is offered in conjunction with a separate Space Foundation conference, Cyber 1.3, to be held during the day on April 8, immediately preceding the Space Symposium’s opening ceremony. The Honorable C.A. “Dutch” Ruppersberger (D-MD), Ranking Member, U.S. House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, will be a featured speaker at Cyber 1.3.
Register securely now for both events at www.NationalSpaceSymposium.org/register. Separate meal ticket purchase is required for industry registration; see information about Space Symposium luncheons and dinners at www.NationalSpaceSymposium.org/.
Cyber 1.3 and Space Symposium Co-Sponsors
Confirmed co-sponsors include: a.i. solutions; Aeroflex; Aerojet; Analytical Graphics, Inc. (AGI); Arianespace, Inc.; ATK; Avionics Intelligence; Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp.; Barrios Technology; Blue Ridge Networks; Booz Allen Hamilton; Colorado Space Business Roundtable; Colorado Springs Convention & Visitors Bureau; EADS North America; Euroconsult; Fisher Space Pen; Fluor; General Dynamics; Global Technology Resources, Inc. (GTRI); GMV USA; Government Executive Media Group; Inmarsat; Intelsat General Corporation; Lockheed Martin; Maui Economic Development Board; Millennium Engineering and Integration Co.; Moog; Müller-BBM VibroAkustik Systeme, Inc; Northrop Grumman; Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne; Raytheon; SAIC; Secure World Foundation; SES Government Solutions; Space Generation Advisory Council (SGAC); SSL; SpaceX; Spincraft; Stellar Solutions; Tech Briefs Media Group; The Boeing Company; United Launch Alliance; Universities Space Researcg Association (USRA). Official media partners include Aviation Week, SatNews Publishers and SpaceNews.
For questions about sponsorship, email [email protected].
About the Space Foundation
The foremost advocate for all sectors of the space industry and an expert in all aspects of space, the Space Foundation is a global, nonprofit leader in space awareness activities, educational programs that bring space into the classroom and major industry events, including the National Space Symposium, all in support of its mission “to advance space-related endeavors to inspire, enable and propel humanity.” The Space Foundation publishes The Space Report: The Authoritative Guide to Global Space Activity and provides three indexes that track daily U.S. stock market performance of the space industry. Through its Space Certification™ and Space Technology Hall of Fame® programs, the Space Foundation recognizes space-based technologies and innovations that have been adapted to improve life on Earth. The Space Foundation was founded in 1983 and is based in Colorado Springs, Colo. Its world headquarters features a public Visitors Center with two main areas – the El Pomar Space Gallery and the Northrop Grumman Science Center featuring Science On a Sphere®. The Space Foundation also conducts research and analysis and government affairs activities from its Washington, D.C., office and has a field office in Houston, Texas. For more information, visit www.SpaceFoundation.org. Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter, and read about the latest space news and Space Foundation activities in Space Watch.
# # #
Posted in Space Foundation Press Release