"Mars, Rovers & Robots" Continues Through July 19
Join us for more "Mars, Rovers & Robots," through Saturday, July 19, at the Space Foundation Discovery Center in Colorado Springs.
Activities for Saturday, July 19, 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Included in the price of daily admission
- FREE Surprise for the first 100 paid children admitted on Saturday (age 4-17 only, includes Discovery Passport holders)
- Meet the Stormtroopers of the 501st Legion - 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. (pictured)
- Bite Me Gourmet Sausages - 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- OohWeeAnaya Ice Cream Treats Food Truck - Noon - 4:00 p.m.
- Minecraft® Mission to Mars - Noon/2:00 p.m. ($4 additional fee)
- Science On a Sphere® Presentations (every 30 minutes)
- Mars Movie Fest - 10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Build a Mars Habitat
- Mars Lander Design Challenge - 11:00 a.m./1:00 p.m./3:00 p.m.
- Build a Mars RC Rover - 11:00 a.m./2:00 p.m. ($18 additional fee)
- Operate a Water Robot
- Mars, Rovers & Robots-themed Crafts & Activities
Thank you to our "Mars, Rovers & Robots" Saturday sponsor BKD, LLP.
Other Summer of Discovery weeks include:
- Rocketry, July 22 - 26, July 29 - Aug. 2
- A Taste of Space Technology, Aug. 5 - 9, Aug. 12 - 16
About the Space Foundation Discovery Center
The Discovery Center is located in Colorado Springs, just off of Garden of the Gods Road at 4425 Arrowswest Drive, and is the region’s first and only space, science and technology attraction. The Discovery Center is open Tuesday through Saturday, 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., with occasional evening events. The Discovery Center is closed on Sunday and Monday and on holidays.
Discovery Center daily admission fees are $10 for adults, $7.50 for seniors (age 65+), $7.50 for college students with I.D., $4.50 for children ages 4-17. Children age three years and younger are admitted free. Military fees are $5.00 for adults with I.D., and $4.00 for military children ages 4-17 with I.D. Military includes active duty, guard, reserve or retiree with I.D.
For information, call 719.576.8000 or visit www.spacefoundation.org/museum.