Remembering Apollo 11
The Space Foundation Discovery Center in Colorado Springs, Colo., is celebrating the 44th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission with a week of special exhibits and activities, concluding this Saturday, July 20.
Saturday, July 20, "One Giant Leap"
Saturday admission, exhibits and activities are included in the price of regular admission - $9 for adults, $7 for seniors (age 65+), $7 for college students with I.D., $3 for children ages 4-17. Children age three years and younger are admitted free. Admission is free with military I.D., to those impacted by Colorado wildfires and to first responders.
- Free astronaut or space-themed rubber duckies for the first 100 children on Saturday
- Apollo 11 scavenger hunt in the Discovery Center to win a mood pencil
- In-depth Science On a Sphere® presentations (pictured)
- We Choose the Moon - an interactive program which takes you to the Apollo 11 mission in near real-time
- Moon Phases Flip Book activity at 12:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Oreo Moon Phases activity at 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Fun activities for the family to enjoy together while learning about Apollo 11 and basic space-STEM principles
- Moon walk bounce house for children up to age 10
Lunch is available from food vendors - Pig Latin food truck and The Springs Cupcake Truck.
Activites are subject to change. See more details here.
About the Discovery Center
The Discovery Center is the region's only space, science and technology attraction, and is open to the public from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Tuesdays through Saturdays. The Discovery Center is located at 4425 Arrowswest Dr., Colorado Springs, Colo., off of Garden of the Gods Rd., west of Centennial Blvd.
The Space Foundation Discovery Center is a collection point for Care and Share Food Bank for Southern Colorado. The public may bring food donations to the Space Foundation Discovery Center between 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Mondays through Saturdays. Anyone bringing a food donation will receive a $2 off admission coupon to the Discovery Center.