Space Foundation Press Releases
Additional Speakers Confirm for Space Business Forum: New York
Written by: developer
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (May. 19, 2008) — Additional noteworthy individuals have confirmed their participation in the Space Foundation’s new event, Space Business Forum: New York. The inaugural Space Business Forum: New York is designed for Wall Street analysts, investment bankers, institutional advisors, and high-risk insurers to engage in meaningful dialogue with industry leaders about aerospace financing and investment opportunities across the $251 billion space economy. This one-day, exclusive event is scheduled for Wednesday, June 18 at the Hilton New York Hotel in New York City.
In addition to the previously announced featured speakers and moderators at this diverse forum, the following leaders from across the space and financial communities will speak at Space Business Forum: New York.
- Mr. William R. Claybaugh, II, Director, Studies and Analysis, Office of Program Assessment and Evaluation, NASA
- Ms. Nancy S. A. Colleton, President, Institute for Global Environmental Strategies
- Mr. Mike Cook, Senior Vice President, Hughes Network Systems
- Ms. Evie Haskell, Editor-in-Chief, The BRIDGE Media Group
- Col. Thomas T. Henricks, USAF (Retired), President, AVIATION WEEK
- Mr Stuart Jacob, Senior Vice President, Programming & Partnerships, CBS Outernet
- Mr. Lon C. Levin, SkySevenAdventures
- Mr. Mark Oderman, Managing Director, CSP Associates
- Mr. Garrett Pierce, Chief Financial Officer, Orbital Sciences Corporation
- Mr. David L. Ryan, Sector Vice President & General Manager of the Civil Systems Division, Northrop Grumman Space Technology
- Mr. David Taylor, President and Chief Executive Officer, Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp.
- Mr. Thomas W. Watts, Managing Director, Equity Research, Telecom, Cable, and IP Services, Cowen and Company, LLC
- Mr. Damon Wells, Senior Policy Analyst, White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, Executive Office of the President
Panel topics include “Sector Performance, Trends, and Expectations: Space, Aerospace, Defense, and Defense Electronics,” “Government Acquisitions — Where Space Dollars are Flowing in Aerospace,” “Hedgefunds and Private Equity,” “Climate Change and Green Energy: Meeting the Challenges with Space Technology,” “On the Record – CEOs and CFOs Talk Business,” and “Converged Media – A Natural for Space.” Previously announced featured speakers include The Honorable Newt Gingrich, Gingrich Group; Mr. Eric C. Anderson, Space Adventures, Ltd.; Mr. Francois Auque, EADS Astrium; Mr. John B. Higginbotham, SpaceVest; Mr. Jean-Yves LeGall, Arianespace; and Ms. Joanne M. Maguire, Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company.
Conference underwriters include Arianespace; ISDR Consulting, and SpaceVest. AVIATION WEEK, The BRIDGE Media Group, and The New York Times are the media sponsors. A full list of confirmed speakers, a preliminary agenda, frequent updates, and online registration are available at www.SpaceBusinessForum.com. Note that seats are limited.
About the Space Foundation
Founded in 1983 and celebrating its 25th anniversary this year, the Space Foundation is an international nonprofit organization advancing space-related endeavors to inspire, enable and propel humanity. A leader in space awareness activities, major industry events, and educational enterprises that bring space into the classroom, the Space Foundation is headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colo. It conducts research and analysis and government affairs activities from its Washington, D.C., office, and has field representatives in Houston, Texas and Cape Canaveral, Fla. Along with partnering organizations, the Space Foundation conducts Strategic Space and Defense 2008, from 6-8 October in Omaha, Neb. The 25th National Space Symposium, the premier annual gathering of the global space community, will take place March 30 — April 2, 2009, at The Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs. For more information, visit www.SpaceFoundation.org.
Posted in Space Foundation Press Releases