Be Part of the 32nd Space Symposium, Volunteer!
Written by: developer
The four-day Space Symposium, held each spring at The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs, Colo., requires the support of more than 300 volunteers. Volunteers provide valuable assistance in crucial areas, such as exhibitor registration, speaker support, on-site registrant check-in, greeter and directional personnel and technical support.
If you are interested in volunteering for the 32nd Space Symposium you may apply now. The Symposium will be held April 11-14, 2016, at The Broadmoor. Pre-event training and a site visit will be provided for volunteers.
Requirements to Volunteer
To volunteer with the Space Foundation, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Dress appropriately, in accordance with your particular job or activity
- Communicate clearly with the Space Foundation about your expectations – we are happy to be flexible with your schedule if you communicate with us
- Provide two or more references if you have not volunteered with us before
- Understand that the volunteer coordinator will evaluate your skills and preferences in order to place you in the best role
There may be additional requirements based on a particular job or activity.
Volunteers who work a minimum of four hours at the Space Symposium receive:
- Pass to a panel or featured speaker session
- Exhibit Center entry
- Use of the volunteer lounge for breaks and meals
- Volunteer gift
- Opportunity to participate in the premier gathering of the global space community
Volunteer Coordinator Jennifer Picard is happy to answer your questions. Contact her by email at [email protected], or by telephone at +1.719.576.8000.
This article is part of Space Watch: January 2016 (Volume: 15, Issue: 1).
Posted in Space Symposium