Report from Headquarters
Space Foundation Unveils Enhanced Education Site
Written by: developer
Space Foundation education program information and resources are now easier to find and access at an enhanced redesigned website, found by clicking the Education tab at www.SpaceFoundation.org or by going directly to www.SpaceFoundation.org/Education/index.php. Featuring appealing graphics and easy navigation, the new site gives teachers and students user-friendly access to the education resources of the Space Foundation, and easy-to-use online registration for a wide variety of education programs, including:
- The News section provides the latest information on Space Foundation teacher-relevant news items.
- The Events section lists classes, presentations, programs, and activities offered by the Space Foundation or in which the Space Foundation is participating
- The Students/Parents page gives middle and high school students who are interested in space or science-related careers a place to start when looking for the top engineering universities.
- The Kids/Parents page offers young children who are interested in space a place to explore and learn about our universe.
- The Educators page is now easier to navigate and includes the 2010 Space Across the Curriculum courses through the Space Foundation Discovery Institute, our National Science Standards and Lesson Bank, information about our Teacher Liaison program, grants for teachers, and information about our Master's in Education degrees offered through Regis University and the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs.
- The Jack Swigert Aerospace Academy in Colorado Springs has its own section, as does the Space Foundation Discovery Institute.
- Under Workforce Development, look for updates on the 2010 Space Career Fair.
To see these great features - and more - take a tour of the site.
This article is part of Space Watch: October 2009 (Volume: 8, Issue: 10).
Posted in Report from Headquarters