Photos Show Scope, Depth of Space Across the Curriculum Courses
Written by: developer
Teachers from across the country, including educators from Alaska and Hawai’i, attended Space Foundation Space Across the Curriculum courses in Colorado Springs this summer.
These intensive week-long graduate-level courses for PreK-12 educators provide space-related science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) content that is instantly transferable to the classroom.
All courses are hands-on and focus on national standards and STEM principles. Although the underlying concentration is on STEM, the courses are structured to adapt lessons to all grade levels and all curriculum areas.
To view photos from this year’s courses, click:
- Earth Systems Science: Our Earth Revealed
- Biological and Physical Research: Long-Term Space Travel
- Meteorology and Space Weather
- Lunar/Mars Exploration and Base Construction
- Astronomy Principles for the Classroom: Kinesthetic Astronomy
This article is part of Space Watch: August 2012 (Volume: 11, Issue: 8).
Posted in Education