Space World is Newest Space Certified Education Product
Written by: developer
The Space Foundation welcomes its most recent Certified Education Product – Space World™ – and partner company Intergalactic Education LLC, based in Washington, D.C. Founder Justin Park has been campaigning to get Space World into classrooms across the U.S.
“Good decisions require an even better vision,” he said. “Intergalactic Education continues to execute its strategic plan to make Space World’s educational platform one that is truly out of this world.”
Interest in Space World has been spreading rapidly. Content specialists from the Charles County (Md.) Public Schools recently approved Space World’s pilot program for use in classrooms next month. The Intergalactic Education team visited the American University sound studio to record voice-overs for the game, and also took part in the P3 Game Jam at the Goethe-Institut in Washington, D.C. And Intergalactic Education went to Cape Canaveral for the NASA OSIRIS-REx launch.
About Space World™
Space World isn’t just a game, but a platform for teachers and aerospace companies. It helps youth learn about the corporations that are taking us to the stars, and understand the technologies and science that these organizations are developing. By interlacing space entertainment with the rigors of mathematics, and then backing it with an in-game rewards system, the product covertly gets kids excited about learning. For more about Intergalactic Education and Space World, click here.
About Space Certification
Products and services that display the Space Certification seal are guaranteed to have stemmed from, or been dramatically improved by, technologies originally developed for space exploration or to have significant impact in teaching people about the value of space utilization.
Developed and administered by the Space Foundation, the Space Certification program serves three purposes:
- Providing a unique marketing edge for Space Certification partners
- Demonstrating to the public how space technologies now improve life on Earth
- Making space knowledge more interesting and accessible to everyone
There are three classifications of Space Foundation Certified Products:
- Certified Technology Products – Products or services that directly result from space technology or space program development or advances in space technology
- Certified Educational Products – Products used in educational environments to stimulate interest in and knowledge about space
- Certified Imagination Products – Entertainment products, games or toys that increase interest in and excitement for space and inspire new generations to take an active interest in space
See all of the Certified Space Technologies here.
This article is part of Space Watch: November 2016 (Volume: 15, Issue: 11).
Posted in Space Awareness