Truss Building Products is Newest Space Foundation Space Certification Program Partner
Written by: developer
The Space Foundation announces that Truss Building Products is now a Space Certification Program Partner, and its LeafLock™ products, including the LeafLock™ Gutter System, have been authorized to carry the Certified Space Technology™ seal.
Karl Gramling, president and CEO of Truss LLC, SnapLock Gutter System® and the LeafLock Gutter Protection System™, invented the LeafLock™ products, which use aircraft grade materials and nano technology derived from the NASA space program to create a gutter protection system that can control more than 22 inches of rain water per hour while keeping leaves and debris out.
Leaflock products use several space spinoff technologies such as nano-ceramics — to reduce UV and other forms of deterioration; Ti02 Titanium Dioxide – used in air purification and surface protection; hydrophilic coatings — used to eliminate water and fog build-up; and elements of aerodynamic design.
Truss Building Products is based near San Antonio, Texas. For more information about the LeafLock™ Gutter System, visit www.LoveYourGutters.com.
About Space Certification
Products and services that display the Space Certification™ seal are guaranteed to have stemmed from or been dramatically improved by technologies originally developed for space exploration or to have significant impact in teaching people about the value of space utilization. Developed and administered by the Space Foundation, the world’s foremost advocate for all sectors of the space industry, the Space Certification program serves three purposes:
- Providing a unique marketing edge for Space Certification partners
- Demonstrating to the public how space technologies now improve life on Earth
- Making space knowledge more interesting and accessible to everyone
There are three classifications of Space Foundation Certified Products:
- Certified Technology Products – Products or services that directly result from space technology or space program development or advances in space technology
- Certified Educational Products – Products used in educational environments to stimulate interest in and knowledge about space
- Certified Imagination Products – Entertainment products, games or toys that increase interest in and excitement for space and inspire new generations to take an active interest in space
Space Certification products and services have been scrutinized by the Space Foundation, which works closely with NASA, the European Space Agency (ESA) and other organizations engaged in space research and development to identify and validate that they are eligible for and deserving of recognition.
This article is part of Space Watch: June 2012 (Volume: 11, Issue: 6).
Posted in Space Awareness